6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Was the trade between the Padres and Athletics Kotsay for Hernandez, straight up?

If so, pretty good deal for both sides, even if Hernandez might not stay with San Diego.  I heard from some Pad fans that he wants Varitek money...

There was one other player in that deal too. I believe Long went to San Diego as well not 100 percent sure about that one though.

I don't think its any coincidence that the Sox came back and won the game when they put their regulars into the game, thus eliminating the dreaded Sunday line-up. Great roadtrip.

Everybody got involved. I know this board doesn't like to use the bench much and for whatever reason Sunday is the day people on this board hate to use the bench. But we have to remember it is a short turnaround from Sat. nite to Sunday afternoon and that's one reason it's done.

A team win, the bench guys got some time, and it's get back to Chicago.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Great, great win tonight.  I'm often critical of putting Everett in the outfield, but he did a solid job out there tonight.  Huge win!

Kind of weird to say, and also a small sample, but Everett has looked better than Dye in RF this year to me.

Everett is awesome. KW better not trade him. In fact I say KW shouldn't trade Frank or Carl. What a nice win. This win feels much better than a normal win because of what happened last nite. Its nice to see almost everybody contribute. And what can you say about Pollite- this guy is the most under rated guy that we have in out pen. Now lets rip it up on this 12 game homestand.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Was the trade between the Padres and Athletics Kotsay for Hernandez, straight up?

If so, pretty good deal for both sides, even if Hernandez might not stay with San Diego.  I heard from some Pad fans that he wants Varitek money...

I'm pretty sure San Diego got Terrence Long in the deal as well. But he's with the Royals now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
There was one other player in that deal too.  I believe Long went to San Diego as well not 100 percent sure about that one though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
I'm pretty sure San Diego got Terrence Long in the deal as well. But he's with the Royals now.

Kid can't even read :headshake :P