6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm impressed, it only took me 1+ inning to make me stop watching the game. This team is costing itself games by having a 5th outfielder and no backup first baseman.

We've got a backup first baseman. Ross Gload is stuck in the minors and the team is lying their ass off about his injury situation so they can keep Timo of all people in the bigs.

What a bunch of horses***.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Someone answer this question honestly.  Has there been a game this entire season in which Timo played, that he didn't f*** up at least once?

Ask Robin Ventura Eternal....he loves Timo :puke

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Someone answer this question honestly.  Has there been a game this entire season in which Timo played, that he didn't f*** up at least once?

Did he f*** up in the Minnesota game where he hit a homerun? if he did, then he sucessfully f***ed up at least once in every game he played in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Let me ask the people in here this question:  If I start a thread on the board about how I can't see how we'll stay in front of the Twins for the division, do you think people will go nuts against me?  I'd even make a legit argument, but I have a feeling that the optimists won't be too happy.

If KW stands pat with the roster as its currently assembled, I don't think there could be much of an argument against it. What he's able to do between now and the trade deadline will have more of an effect this season determining the eventual AL Central champion than the in- season moves KW has been able to make the last couple seasons IMHO.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
If KW stands pat with the roster as its currently assembled, I don't think there could be much of an argument against it. What he's able to do between now and the trade deadline  will have more of an effect this season determining the eventual AL Central champion than the in- season moves KW has been able to make the last couple seasons IMHO.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.....we do not need to change this roster. Kenny said all of these guys love each other (read as willing to give BJs to manager and others as needed) and that is the most impt thing

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
If KW stands pat with the roster as its currently assembled, I don't think there could be much of an argument against it. What he's able to do between now and the trade deadline  will have more of an effect this season determining the eventual AL Central champion than the in- season moves KW has been able to make the last couple seasons IMHO.

There can be good arguments made either way. The Twins have a fantastic team but so do the Sox, I said earlier in the year that I thought the Sox and Twins were the two best teams in the AL and I still believe that. It's going to be a good-tough race throughout the year, I think the sox will pull it out but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Twins win the divsion.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
These game threads are depressing.

I just think a lot of us are sick and tired of Ozzie's bulls*** managing with his 3rd game of the series lineup. Is it too much to ask for a legit lineup in the 3rd game of the series? Look around, you don't see the Twins, Padres, Yankees, etc. constantly benching three starters every 3rd game. There's a reason certain players aren't regular starters. If you don't think it have an impact on the team's mind-set, then you obviously never played sports (not saying you haven't, just a phrase).