36 minutes!

bighurt4444

36 minutes is how long it took for the Baseball Tonight crew to even mention the White Sox. Yeah, we had to make sure we saw the Royals vs. DBacks highlights before we could see highlights of the best team in baseball. I am usually not a big supporter of the "Sox always get disrespected by the media" club, but this is just plain stupid. The best team in baseball has a record of 42-20 and hits a 10th inning 3-run homer to win a game and we don't see highlights of it for 36 minutes. What a joke. I know its always going to be this way, and its fine by me. Keep winning under the radar. I'm sure if the Sox lost in that 10th inning, they would have made the first segment. This disrespect from people like Baseball Tonight just make winning all the more sweet! Go Sox!!!

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
36 minutes is how long it took for the Baseball Tonight crew to even mention the White Sox.  Yeah, we had to make sure we saw the Royals vs. DBacks highlights before we could see highlights of the best team in baseball.  I am usually not a big supporter of the "Sox always get disrespected by the media" club, but this is just plain stupid.  The best team in baseball has a record of 42-20 and hits a 10th inning 3-run homer to win a game and we don't see highlights of it for 36 minutes.  What a joke.  I know its always going to be this way, and its fine by me.  Keep winning under the radar.  I'm sure if the Sox lost in that 10th inning, they would have made the first segment.  This disrespect from people like Baseball Tonight just make winning all the more sweet!  Go Sox!!!

Welcome aboard, son. :drink :gosoxretro:

I also noticed it took Baseball Tonight an exceedingly long time to run our highlights. But honestly, it doesn't upset me as long as there's no unwarranted criticism or snide remarks from ESPN. Kruk ripping our low attendance or Phillips questioning Guillen, however, is more disrespectful.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
36 minutes is how long it took for the Baseball Tonight crew to even mention the White Sox.  Yeah, we had to make sure we saw the Royals vs. DBacks highlights before we could see highlights of the best team in baseball.  I am usually not a big supporter of the "Sox always get disrespected by the media" club, but this is just plain stupid.  The best team in baseball has a record of 42-20 and hits a 10th inning 3-run homer to win a game and we don't see highlights of it for 36 minutes.  What a joke.  I know its always going to be this way, and its fine by me.  Keep winning under the radar.  I'm sure if the Sox lost in that 10th inning, they would have made the first segment.  This disrespect from people like Baseball Tonight just make winning all the more sweet!  Go Sox!!!

Baseball Tonight shown at 11:30 is just a replay of the 6 pm show. Our game ended about 25-30 minutes into their broadcast.

Even if the Sox game didn't end until 25 minutes in, Baseball Tonight still shows highlights of games that are in progress. Which I didn't see if they did. You would think two first place teams playing each other would be a higher priority. This media disregard for the Sox doesn't usually bother me, but this time it just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry for my first topic posting to be a negative one, but this just bothered me. I have been observing this site for a long time, but I just never usually post.

First thing is first great win today by the whitesox as ozzie said this was biggest win this season seeing how we fought till the end. Second, what does getting praised by baseball tonight and showing it on there do? hmm absoultely nothing. If you wanna watch baseball tonight and wait be praised by them then your waiting for snow in july. Watch the game on tv or go watch sportsnite on comcast. Commentators dont bring up championship the team on field does whether being praised or not. go sox

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
Even if the Sox game didn't end until 25 minutes in, Baseball Tonight still shows highlights of games that are in progress.  Which I didn't see if they did.  You would think two first place teams playing each other would be a higher priority.  This media disregard for the Sox doesn't usually bother me, but this time it just rubs me the wrong way.  Sorry for my first topic posting to be a negative one, but this just bothered me.  I have been observing this site for a long time, but I just never usually post.

Welcome, and a valid point. Unfortunately, it's been discussed many times before and there really isn't much of a solution in sight other than venting.

I just try not to let it bother me anymore.

Oh, I know guys. The team winning is what matters, not the publicity they get for doing that winning. And I know this is something that is not going to change anytime soon. It was more of just venting to me. It is almost comical really. I am far more occupied with watching the games, and I will watch Baseball Tonight a few nights a week. Bottom line, this is a great team to watch play baseball. Already this is one of my favorite Sox teams to watch. They are a great team and that will show more and more as the season goes on.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Even if the Sox game didn't end until 25 minutes in, Baseball Tonight still shows highlights of games that are in progress.  Which I didn't see if they did.  You would think two first place teams playing each other would be a higher priority.  This media disregard for the Sox doesn't usually bother me, but this time it just rubs me the wrong way.  Sorry for my first topic posting to be a negative one, but this just bothered me.  I have been observing this site for a long time, but I just never usually post.

I'm not sure on the Sunday show if they do show the updates since they replay the 6 at 11:30, and I think they want to give the impression it's live. (hence they insert highlights of the Sunday night game, which replaces a little preview they do on the 6)

I wasn't setting there with a stopwatch or anything. It isn't that difficult to look at a clock after the Sox highlights and then realize, man it took them that long to show the Sox highlights. It was just another example of the media's disregard for the Sox. I did watch the game, but I also watch Baseball Tonight.

I am not just a Sox fan, I am a baseball fan. That is why I watch Baseball Tonight. I like to see what other teams/players are doing. It is hard to fully understand baseball if you only watch games of your favorite team. By watching other teams games/highlights you can get a better understanding about your own team. If you only watch the Sox you can't get a true understanding of how good they really are. That is why I watch Baseball Tonight. I don't see how that is weird or sad.

We just got back to the #1 spot on the ESPN.com power rankings for the first time in a month even though we have had the best record in baseball the whole time. There is no rhyme or reason as to their disgust for us andI don't think many here care what they think of us. They will all be douches when we do well late in the season and make the playoffs and say they knew it all along so who cares. They have no profound imput for sox fans.

I read my post again and I don't see anywhere in there where I said or implied that I was watching Baseball Tonight specifically for the White Sox highlights. I was watching and just happened to notice that the Sox highlights were later in the show than I figured they would be. That is what I posted. Secondly, I stand by the statement that you have to know what else is going on in baseball in order to understand how your team is doing. That applies to mostly anything. If you always focus on the a small part of a segment, you will never know what is going on around you. By watching other teams, you can tell what types of teams the Sox match up better with and what types of teams you may not want to see in the playoffs.

Dumb topic, STFU noob, no one cares :P

To me, it still means very little...as it always has. It fries me a little bit, but nothing too major. The Sox have 42 wins, more than any other team in the majors...that is about all I care about.

BTW, welcome aboard! :cheers

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
We just got back to the #1 spot on the ESPN.com power rankings for the first time in a month even though we have had the best record in baseball the whole time.  There is no rhyme or reason as to their disgust for us andI don't think many here care what they think of us.  They will all be douches when we do well late in the season and make the playoffs and say they knew it all along so who cares.  They have no profound imput for sox fans.

I, don't have a problem with the whole power rankings. That usually goes to the hottest teams and although The Sox were playing well, St. Louis, who I believe is the only team to be #1 in place of The Sox was surging, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is on the ESPN MLB page, they don't even get a headline.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Atleast Kruker decided to give us a little love in his "Most Important Thing" statement, though it seemed he was eating something as he said it.

When is that fatass not eating something? One time I was watching him do a broadcast and I swear it looked like he had crumbs all over his suit jacket.

:D

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
When is that fatass not eating something?  One time I was watching him do a broadcast and I swear it looked like he had crumbs all over his suit jacket.

:D

That was a mix of dandruff and Cheeto.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
I find it sad that Sox fans are timing how long it takes a show we all rip on to show Sox highlights. Didnt we all watch the game?  Or if not that, see the highlights on WhiteSox.com?

Get over it, its ESPN.

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

John Kruk also said the most important thing for the day was the white sox winning close games, do I care? No. These are the same assholes who said detroit and cleveland were better teams than us.

One thing is for sure.

The boys over at BBTN are going to get their full of The Chicago White Sox by the time this season rolls to an end.

It will be amusing watching them squirm as they have to cover our team more and more.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)

They don't do continuous updates or highlights of games in progress on the Sunday shows.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)

I agree with that. I know if the Sox win the WS it will be known as the non existent WS and the Red Sox will be declared still WS champions.

Rich