Jimmy Rollins gets $40 million extension

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
And my Phillies fan friends will be jumping off a ledge soon... $8million/year for Rollins?1?

What was Orlando Cabrera's contract for? I think Rollins is better than him.

Edited by shakes

Brad Penny just signed an extension with the Dodgers, Rollins just signed...looks like the free agent market will be pretty thin this year.

As far as pitchers go, there will be practically no starters out there. Especially since AJ Burnett will sign with either the Yankees or Red Sox, without a doubt.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Who is happiest today? Rafael Furcal. After Cabrera and Rollins getting $8 per and Renteria getting 10, his contract perameters are pretty good looking

And how big of a bargain is Uribe at 3 years $10 million?

Who is happiest today? Rafael Furcal. After Cabrera and Rollins getting $8 per and Renteria getting 10, his contract perameters are pretty good looking

Furcal is the happiest. There will only be him and an injury-prone Nomar as the best shortstops available this offseason. Furcal is gonna get overpaid even more than Rollins.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 04:56 AM)
Furcal is the happiest.  There will only be him and an injury-prone Nomar as the best shortstops available this offseason.  Furcal is gonna get overpaid even more than Rollins.

Too bad Furcal isn't maximising his value. He has a BA of about .220, and an OBP of below .300 IIRC. Brutal for a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)

OMG, are they freaking nuts. He's a solid player, but he's now one of the most overrated players in baseball. He's a real poor mans version of Rafael Furcal and he's really nowhere near the offensive or defensive player Furcal is (one of my personal fav shortstops).

What a joke the Phils are. I'd just as well pay Polanco 4 mill less than Rollins whose never lived up to his hype after winning ROY, imo. He's a solid shortstop, nothing more, and nothing less.

Makes the contract the Sox gave Uribe that much better :)