Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I'm betting Cincy would want less for Randa seeing as how they're not a contender. As much as I hate Crede, I can't justify giving up one of Politte/Cotts/Hermanson for Mueller.

We will need the pen with the cuban connection pitching in the hot summer cell this year.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I'm betting Cincy would want less for Randa seeing as how they're not a contender. As much as I hate Crede, I can't justify giving up one of Politte/Cotts/Hermanson for Mueller.

Those 3 aren't going anywhere and I'm fairly certain Damaso isn't either.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
I definitely don't want to lose Damaso however if the right package came along I wouldn't necessarily be against it.  Damaso's stuff looked absolutely fantastic tonight but he still got hit around pretty good, I was stumped just leaving to many pitches over the plate at this point.

And, though it's a small sample size, Marte's got a case of the reverse splits as well -- the lefties hitting better against him than righties.

Cheat, that's a good point about Polanco. I never even thought about it like that. What's Mueller making this year?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
There is no base to this what-so-ever.  Pure conjecture.

But, hey, after two devestating losses, people can conjure up all the trades their hearts desire.

It's got more basis than some of the, "How about a trade for Omar Vizquel/A-Rod/Ken Griffey" bulls*** we've seen the past week.

It makes sense, too. Youkilis is ready to play everyday, and they need a spot to play him. Apparently, 1B isn't the spot -- they want him at third.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
It's got more basis than some of the, "How about a trade for Omar Vizquel/A-Rod/Ken Griffey" bulls*** we've seen the past week.

It makes sense, too.  Youkilis is ready to play everyday, and they need a spot to play him.  Apparently, 1B isn't the spot -- they want him at third.

Keith, it's all bulls*** to me.

Maybe I'm just the wrong guy to ask.

Have fun with this one fellas! Nite.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
And, though it's a small sample size, Marte's got a case of the reverse splits as well -- the lefties hitting better against him than righties.

Cheat, that's a good point about Polanco.  I never even thought about it like that.  What's Mueller making this year?

2.5 million.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
We will need the pen with the cuban connection pitching in the hot summer cell this year.

Contreras did have an ERA of 3.18 before Ozzie decided to make Widger his catcher yesterday ya know. Right now he's averaging 6 innings a start.

Hernandez has an average of below 6 innings however.......

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Contreras did have an ERA of 3.18 before Ozzie decided to make Widger his catcher yesterday ya know. Right now he's averaging 6 innings a start.

Hernandez has an average of below 6 innings however.......

Jose will be perfectly fine I am concerned about el duque though, hopefully he can turn it around soon.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Keith, it's all bulls*** to me. 

Maybe I'm just the wrong guy to ask.

Have fun with this one fellas!  Nite.

Heh, I don't care.

I get a kick out of talking about potential trades/offseason stuff, I dunno, always have. Hell, in Madden, it gets to a point where I don't play, rather just do the offseason stuff and sim the season. :lol:

I should say, I get a kick out of stuff that has some validity to it. And this does -- IMO, of course.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:12 AM)
Heh, I don't care.

I get a kick out of talking about potential trades/offseason stuff, I dunno, always have.  Hell, in Madden, it gets to a point where I don't play, rather just do the offseason stuff and sim the season.  :lol:

I should say, I get a kick out of stuff that has some validity to it.  And this does -- IMO, of course.

Exactly. I'm the same way. This is a deal that works for both teams to a sense, so why not discuss it.

:huh

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
2.5 million.

The reasonable salary makes him more expensive on the trade market....

The Philly detroit deal was pretty much neutral in terms of $$$ exchanged. (d-troit save abuot $500K)

I would expect a similar $$ neutral deal, if this were to happen.

Marte makes 1.5M this year, 2.5M in 06, and has 3M options for each of 07&08

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:15 AM)
Exactly.  I'm the same way.  This is a deal that works for both teams to a sense, so why not discuss it.

:huh

Perfectly fine with me. Let's talk. :cheers :)

Marte makes sense. I'd imagine they'd have to get a third team in this trade, though -- I mean, they (the White Sox) wouldn't be able to keep Crede -- you can't keep him on the bench, he only plays one position, and doesn't even hit that well. So, we can start looking for a team that needs a thirdbaseman...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:15 AM)
There is absolutely no mention of this over at WSI. FWIW.

Except my mention of it. I heard once that a rumor that one poster on SoSH started, actually got brought into the papers, and from the papers the move was made. It wasn't anything major, but perhaps something like designating Timo Perez for assignment.

After Mueller is traded to the White Sox, my next goal will be to have Timo dumped... actually that should probably be first.. im on it..

:)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
Except my mention of it.  I heard once that a rumor that one poster on SoSH started, actually got brought into the papers, and from the papers the move was made. It wasn't anything major, but perhaps something like designating Timo Perez for assignment.

After Mueller is traded to the White Sox, my next goal will be to have Timo dumped... actually that should probably be first.. im on it..

:)

There is no mention of this at SoSH is that the next site you're gonnna hit?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Perfectly fine with me.  Let's talk. :cheers  :)

Marte makes sense.  I'd imagine they'd have to get a third team in this trade, though -- I mean, they (the White Sox) wouldn't be able to keep Crede -- you can't keep him on the bench, he only plays one position, and doesn't even hit that well.  So, we can start looking for a team that needs a thirdbaseman...

If Marte were out the door, rest assured that KW would be on the phone with Seattle trying to get Everyday Eddie.

I never get too involved in these talks because they never have much credence, but this one makes sense.

That being said, BHAM said their were lots of Houston scouts at the BHam game yesterday. Morgan Ensberg anyone?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)

Marte makes sense.  I'd imagine they'd have to get a third team in this trade, though -- I mean, they (the White Sox) wouldn't be able to keep Crede -- you can't keep him on the bench, he only plays one position, and doesn't even hit that well.  So, we can start looking for a team that needs a thirdbaseman...

Very true just for the sake of conversation lets say Mueller comes to the sox, Damaso to Boston then would you think Crede would be used to find a LOOGY somewhere?? That seems like that would be the scenario especially with ozzie cause there is no way with the way he manages the sox could go with 1 lefty.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
If Marte were out the door, rest assured that KW would be on the phone with Seattle trying to get Everyday Eddie.

I never get too involved in these talks because they never have much credence, but this one makes sense.

That being said, BHAM said their were lots of Houston scouts at the BHam game yesterday. Morgan Ensberg anyone?

Nope Brad Lidge.

Ok, I'll wake up now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:17 AM)

What about the Devil Rays being a possible destination for Crede?