Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:23 AM)
What about the Devil Rays being a possible destination for Crede?

I thought about that a bit, but they gotta move Huff first -- I assume.

I also assume we're going to get a new thirdbaseman by the end of July, be it Ensberg, Mueller, Huff, or A-Rod.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polanco cost Urbina ..... They added Ramon Martinez too, but he is like TImo Perez. He has negative trade value. He actually hurt the package. I can't believe they found a team to take him.

In other words, that's exactly what is would take to get Mueller is a mediocre reliever.

Dingo, Jizzcan, and Bajenaru are no where near the level that Urbina is at when it comes to trade value.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:25 AM)
I thought about that a bit, but they gotta move Huff first -- I assume.

I also assume we're going to get a new thirdbaseman by the end of July, be it Ensberg, Mueller, Huff, or A-Rod.

I was assuming that Huff would be traded aswell, but even if he isnt, Crede would be ahead of Alex Gonzalez on the depth chart.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Since cheat mentioned guardado what do you think it would take to get every day eddie away from Seattle? Also cheat, random question-- did you happen to email M, J, an H today?

That was his Marrioti rant on Critics. Hillarious.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Dingo, Jizzcan, and Bajenaru are no where near the level that Urbina is at when it comes to trade value.

Urbina has an ERA of 4.20 with 31 saves in 36 opportunities the last two years.

Shingo has an ERA of 3.07 with 27 saves in 29 opportunities the last two years.

Shingo has a salary about 1.5M lower too. I don't see why they don't have near equal trade value.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:42 AM)

Shingo has a salary about 1.5M lower too. I don't see why they don't have near equal trade value.

What has Shingo done for you lately?

Speaking of Shingo he looked absolutely terrific tonight, he was getting his change over and just blowing his fastball by the hitters tonight. I wonder if he's getting back on track or if this was just a one night thing. Hopefully he's getting it back but we'll have to wait and see.

Urbina has had more than 1 good season, unlike Shingo. Urbina has name-recognition as being a good closer. Shingo is probably viewed as a 1 year flash-in-the-pan by most teams' GM's.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
We'd have to then trade Crede or Everett for a good reliever or two.

Carl really can't go anywhere, if Frank can stay healthy he's going to be tremendous, problem is every few games he's out there he has to leave early, sure yesterday was just a cramp it's still just a little scary. Anyways, as for what yasny said, the beauty is Neal has given the sox some flexibility where he can be used as the primary lefty and maybe if this trade did happen(obviously a big if, just want to make a point) that Crede could bring us a good solid loogy, with the way ozzie manages finding a loogy could be huge.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Thomas is too fragile for Everett to go anywhere.  And I would vomit if we traded Marte for Mueller.

For the sake of discussion, can I ask what you dislike about that deal?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
It would leave us with one lefty reliever that is better at getting righties out.  We would need to make another trade for a lefty reliever then.

I had already said that it my previous post.