Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
It would leave us with one lefty reliever that is better at getting righties out.  We would need to make another trade for a lefty reliever then.

That's why YAS said we'd have to replace Damaso if that were to happen.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
I had already said that it my previous post.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
That's why YAS said we'd have to replace Damaso if that were to happen.

Blah, looks like you still got the quick fingers at your old age YAS :P

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
I guess if we traded Marte for Mueller and went after Eddie Guardado it would make sense.

Even if we didn't, it would be a huge win for us -- not saying it'll be Marte straight up for Mueller.

But -- Mueller is gonna play everyday, as opposed to Marte, who's only gonna pitch every other day. There's no contest between a pitcher and a position player -- IMO. Obviously, if one's a whole lot better than the other, but Mueller is a real solid bat.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
Even if we didn't, it would be a huge win for us -- not saying it'll be Marte straight up for Mueller.

But -- Mueller is gonna play everyday, as opposed to Marte, who's only gonna pitch every other day.  There's no contest between a pitcher and a position player -- IMO.  Obviously, if one's a whole lot better than the other, but Mueller is a real solid bat.

I wouldn't give them anything more than Marte.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
The move is counter productive.  Now if we had a solid left handed replacement in store,  i'm all for it.

Fair enough but I think most of us are saying we'd be fine with that move if Crede was then traded off to find a replacement for Dam.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
Fair enough but I think most of us are saying we'd be fine with that move if Crede was then traded off to find a replacement for Dam.

Ok then. I didn't read the entire thread. I just saw Marte for Mueller straight up. And who could we really get that's even 85% of Marte for a scrub like Crede?

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
Ok then.  I didn't read the entire thread.  I just saw Marte for Mueller straight up.  And who could we really get that's even 85% of Marte for a scrub like Crede?

Honestly for a team rebuilding who needs a 3rd baseman I bet you he could actually bring a pretty solid reliever.

I can't remember which thread Brad Lidge is mentioned, so I'll put this little blurb from Barry Rozner here:

The Astros apparently think they have their next closer on staff already, and they might be willing to part with the very talented Brad Lidge in the next month or two.

Maybe.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
I'm just curious to what you guys think about this. Let's say we did trade for Mueller, and he becomes our everyday thirdbasemen. WHAT DO WE DO WITH CREDE? Would we either trade him or keep him on the bench?

Trade him to replace Marte.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
So in return for Mueller, we'd probably have to give up someone from our pen......where we more desperately need help?

Then we could trade crede for there replacement

Ok, to review:

A poster thinks a trade makes sense and a some columnist says the guy might be traded. The poster therefore claims the player will be traded to the White Sox.

Then we have a 7 page thread where more dominoes fall due to the first trade.

Oh.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Ok, to review:

A poster thinks a trade makes sense and a some columnist says the guy might be traded.  The poster therefore claims the player will be traded to the White Sox.

Then we have a 7 page thread where more dominoes fall due to the first trade.

Oh.

Yep, you basically hit the head on the nail there.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Yep, you basically hit the head on the nail there.

I wonder if this is why we are hearing the Jenks to chicago rumors, if KW is going to bring him up to replace someone, or possibly using him in a trade as well.

When you consider Marte's contract & his performance over the years I think he would definitely be the main target by the Red Sox.

If you think you can get Mueller for less then you don't know the Angels. The price will be high because both the White Sox & Angels have relievers to spare.

Speaking of Shingo, he's looked good his last 2 outings. His control is much better. He is throwing a lot more pitches for strikes now & that makes his fast ball much more difficult to hit.