Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur preaching the same thing:

So once again, Bill Mueller will be traded to the White Sox.

so is this set in stone or a rumor?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not even a rumor, its an idea.

Maybe we can change the thread title to "Any Player in MLB could be traded to the White Sox".

It never ceases to amaze me how some guy with a trade idea sets off these lengthy threads. Maybe a requirement for thread titles should be: IDEA: Mueller could be traded to White Sox".

This thread title gives the impression it's a rumor when as you correctly point out Mike, it's just an idea. The guy who started the thread saying it will happen, I don't get that at all. Very misleading and hence, another wild goose chase thread.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Maybe we can change the thread title to "Any Player in MLB could be traded to the White Sox".

It never ceases to amaze me how some guy with a trade idea sets off these lengthy threads.  Maybe a requirement for thread titles should be:  IDEA:  Mueller could be traded to White Sox".

This thread title gives the impression it's a rumor when as you correctly point out Mike, it's just an idea.  The guy who started the thread saying it will happen, I don't get that at all.  Very misleading and hence, another wild goose chase thread.

With as many trade threads that have been coming up lately, they should have their own little fourm to take up space in. Not this one.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
With as many trade threads that have been coming up lately, they should have their own little fourm to take up space in. Not this one.

A forum called "The most recent trade I can think of that wont happen or doesnt make sense for either teams /XBox mania"

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur preaching the same thing:

So once again, Bill Mueller will be traded to the White Sox.

I read on an ESPN article awhile ago that the BOSox want Shea Hillanbrand back. So trading Mueller makes sense for the Red Sox as they need bullpen help badly and they obviously need to trade someone and the White Sox desperately need a new 3B. I can see KW attempting to trade either Shingo or Vizciano to them to go along w/ a prospect. You notice that Ozzie is trying to get Vizciano as many innings as he can to help lower his ERA? Possibly to help raise his trade value?

And as far as Shingo is concerned- do you notice he is not on the new White Sox banner on WhiteSox.com?

This trades makes sense from a lot of point of views, BUT- what happens to Crede? Can he possibly be dealt to the Mariners for Eddy Guardado? I know they have Beltre- but Beltre is capable of being a DH because Crede is a much better fielder. So many things to think about...................

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
BUT- what happens to Crede? Can he possibly be dealt to the Mariners for Eddy Guardado? I know they have Beltre- but Beltre is capable of being a DH because Crede is a much better fielder. So many things to think about...................

You've obviously never seen Beltre play the field.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I can see KW attempting to trade either Shingo or Vizciano to them to go along w/ a prospect. You notice that Ozzie is trying to get Vizciano as many innings as he can to help lower his ERA? Possibly to help raise his trade value?

And as far as Shingo is concerned- do you notice he is not on the new White Sox banner on WhiteSox.com?

The Sox have used Vizcaino more because their pen is short an arm, and they have been used more often because of bad starts. Also they have been using them because the games are blow outs and they don't want to use their top notch relievers in waste time.

As for the Shingo line... That sounds like trilateralist conspiracy theory stuff. Has anyone had their eye on the size of Kenny's briefcase? That might tell us that a trade is immenent. :ph34r:

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)

It never ceases to amaze me how some guy with a trade idea sets off these lengthy threads.  Maybe a requirement for thread titles should be:  IDEA:  Mueller could be traded to White Sox".

This thread title gives the impression it's a rumor when as you correctly point out Mike, it's just an idea.  The guy who started the thread saying it will happen, I don't get that at all.  Very misleading and hence, another wild goose chase thread.

Whats the big deal? I don't understand people like you.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
I read on an ESPN article awhile ago that the BOSox want Shea Hillanbrand back. So trading Mueller makes sense for the Red Sox as they need bullpen help badly and they obviously need to trade someone and the White Sox desperately need a new 3B. I can see KW attempting to trade either Shingo or Vizciano to them to go along w/ a prospect. You notice that Ozzie is trying to get Vizciano as many innings as he can to help lower his ERA? Possibly to help raise his trade value?

This trades makes sense from a lot of point of views, BUT- what happens to Crede? Can he possibly be dealt to the Mariners for Eddy Guardado? I know they have Beltre- but Beltre is capable of being a DH because Crede is a much better fielder. So many things to think about...................

Shea Hillenbrand is not coming back to Boston.

Whats the big deal?  I don't understand people like you.

It isn't a big deal.

I think it's the following:

1. Misleading. Your original thread title and saying Mueller will be traded to

the White Sox are misleading. I'm not the only one who suggests this POV.

2. I said I could've skipped over it, maybe I should have. I'm simply stating my

opinion that I feel it's misleading and a waste of time. Nothing personal

3. I guess we're equal, I don't understand people who have a trade idea and try

to portray it as if it will happen.

Again, nothing personal and I'd ask you to not make it personal, thanks.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Tell me about it.  Who has a better glove at 3B right now in the entire MLB?  Maybe Rolen, but that's about it.

I think the list goes like this...

Gold Glovers

Rolen

Chavez

Silver Glovers -- Consistently great fielders who haven't gotten their due.

Beltre

Arod

Bronze Glovers -- Consistently good fielders who don't get the credit they deserve...

Crede

Lowell

Ask any Seattle fan, they'll tell you that Beltre's defense has been amazing. That is if their not so upset that he's producing like Joe Crede at the plate. The point is, they're not acquiring a defensive replacement at third base.

I would love to add Bill Mueller to this team. But I find it hard to believe Epstein would trade him to us without getting immediate help in return. Since Epstein is a moneyball man he will be looking at performance.

In other words, Luisa is not going to look like an enticing proposition. Marte is hurt.

We would likely have to give up Politte.

In other news, the St. Paul Pioneer Press expects us to sign Jim Brower in the next couple days. Which, if we're giving up a bullpen pitcher, makes sense.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
It isn't a big deal.

I think it's the following:

1.  Misleading.  Your original thread title and saying Mueller will be traded to

the White Sox are misleading.  I'm not the only one who suggests this POV.

2.  I said I could've skipped over it, maybe I should have.  I'm simply stating my

opinion that I feel it's misleading and a waste of time.  Nothing personal

3.  I guess we're equal, I don't understand people who have a trade idea and try

to portray it as if it will happen.

Again, nothing personal and I'd ask you to not make it personal, thanks.

1. If he's traded anywhere, I want him to be traded to the White Sox. If you read the first post of the thread, its very easy to find out that this is one posters opinion.

2. This is nothing personal either, I just don't understand why people tend to make posts that suggest what yours suggest. It's an idea, one that has merit, so why not discuss it at one on a wednesday morning?

3. I try to portray as if it will happen because like I said, it will happen. ;)

1. If he's traded anywhere, I want him to be traded to the White Sox.  If you read the first post of the thread, its very easy to find out that this is one posters opinion.

2.  This is nothing personal either, I just don't understand why people tend to make posts that suggest what yours suggest.  It's an idea, one that has merit, so why not discuss it at one on a wednesday morning?

3. I try to portray as if it will happen because like I said, it will happen.  ;)

Point #3, that's the crux of the issue. You think it has merit, and because of that make a definitive statement that it will happen. You're not a GM, you don't know any more than any of us here. What you want or I want or what anyone here wants has no bearing whatsoever on what "will" happen. When you make definitive "it will happen" statements like that, people will respond accordingly. It comes across as being a know-it-all.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
A forum called "The most recent trade I can think of that wont happen or doesnt make sense for either teams /XBox mania"

I have thought about this deal over a month now, and considering a writer suggested a similar thing, I thought I would post it. The deal makes sense for both teams, its a definite possibility that I wouldn't doubt both are looking into, and if there isn't room for Mueller on the Red Sox, I would love to root for him on the Southside.

So no, this isn't the most recent trade idea I have thought of, nor does it not make sense for both teams. I am not known for starting threads of that nature, and never will be known for starting threads of that nature.