Crazy Carl

KevHead0881

Didn't see this posted. Short article about Crazy Carl, essentially living up to his namesake. His Wrigley slam was amusing, but a few of these comments made me a bit squeemish.

In Everett's world, Wrigley's extinct

By Teddy Greenstein

Tribune staff reporter

June 14, 2005, 11:06 PM CDT

The world already knows Carl Everett believes dinosaurs never roamed the planet. After all, there's no mention of them in the Bible.

But the White Sox's designated hitter unleashes a swarm of new opinions in the July issue of Maxim magazine. The highlights:

Wrigley Field is the worst park in the majors: "They need to implode Wrigley."

Most baseball fans don't know diddly: "Fan is short for fanatic—he's crazy about something he really doesn't know about. And it's proven that 99 percent of baseball fans have no idea what they're watching."

Jose Canseco is a "bitter, ignorant individual."

The congressional hearings examining steroid use were a waste: "We have a war going on—I have family in that war—yet we're talking about steroids. … If everybody in the world got on steroids, we'll still lose more kids to a war than we will from steroids."

Everett has had gay teammates, whom he has accepted, but: "Gays being gay is wrong. Two women can't produce a baby, two men can't produce a baby, so it's not how it's supposed to be. … I don't believe in gay marriages. I don't believe in being gay."

Copyright © 2005, The Chicago Tribune

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with him wholeheartedly about Wrigley. It is a horrible place to play for ball players. The dug outs are cramped as our the locker rooms. And if you play in the OF get ready to look stupid. When a ball makes it to the ivy it's anybody's guess as to where it will come off (Patty getting bonked in the head) or where it will roll to.

As for the rest .. I just wonder if he thinks men really walked on the moon or it was staged in Hollywood ;)