Changing the mojo.. Sox-D'backs 6/15/05

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Ortiz has been a piece of s*** his last 4 starts, ERA around 7.  What does that mean you ask?  It means we WILL get shutdown.

Garland's gonna have to step up to avoid the sweep.

Ortiz gives out free passes at will. Unfortunately the Sox never take a walk. The D-Backs have 7 walks in this series so far, the White Sox, a measly 1.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Ortiz gives out free passes at will. Unfortunately the Sox never take a walk. The D-Backs have 7 walks in this series so far, the White Sox, a measly 1.

^

Makes me sick, guys cruise through 7 innings with minimal pitch counts because of our lack of patience while our pitchers are working their asses off for 5 innings.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Tonight, we'll see just how much Garland has advanced.  We need Jon to be a stopper tonight, and that takes a special type of pitcher to fill those shoes.

The times, they are a-changin'.

Who would have thought Garland would become this team's stopper?

We really need a W, Jon. :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox1:

First time we've lost the first two game of a series all season. Can't get swept at home. Time for big Jon to show what he's made of.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

P.S. Pitching Matchups for Dodger Series:

Friday: Houlton v. Buehrle

Saturday: TBA v. Garcia

Sunday: Weaver v. Contreras

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
First time we've lost the first two game of a series all season.  Can't get swept at home.  Time for big Jon to show what he's made of. 

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

P.S.  Pitching Matchups for Dodger Series:

Friday: Houlton v. Buehrle

Saturday:  TBA v. Garcia

Sunday: Weaver v. Contreras

Didn't we lose the first two to Tampa this year also.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Come on big Jon...no sweeps at home.  Let's keep pace with the D-Train.

snakes are swinging the bats -- Sox have to keep pace. Garland just needs to keep the Sox in it, cause they're going to keep hitting. It's the bats that I'm worried about. I think Frank's gonna rip tonight, get something going.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
snakes are swinging the bats -- Sox have to keep pace. Garland just needs to keep the Sox in it, cause they're going to keep hitting. It's the bats that I'm worried about. I think Frank's gonna rip tonight, get something going.

Welcome To Soxtalk!

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
But its the Devil Rays

This is true. BUT.........I like what I have been seeing out of this Sox offense lately. Sure, they haven't been scoring at will but PK has turned it around, Dye is back to himself, Aaron is in his 2004 form, and Uribe is on the rise. Pods is consistently on base. AJ is pretty much the only one who has been on the down-side. Gooch is questionable. A good performance by Jon and we win. PERIOD.

Contreras and El Duque blew the last 2 games. The offense has NOT blew. We need both tonight.