Changing the mojo.. Sox-D'backs 6/15/05

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
We've got the same energy as this offense....

1 baserunner in 3 innings against Russ f***ing Ortiz shall not be tolerated.

Yep. That's borderline embarassing. We just don't have a high IQ offense. THey swing at anything and everything instead of trying to work the count against a guy who loves to walk you. It's not that our hitters aren't talented I don't think. They are just dumb.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
It's now been 24 innings since we last scored a run without using the longball.

At the root of that I think, is the fact that we have 1 walk in the last 24 innings.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
HE doesn't. Our hitters just make it look like he does.

This has been an absolute sickening performance by our hitters tonight. We've made absolutely no effort to try and draw walks from a terrible pitcher tonight.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
HE doesn't. Our hitters just make it look like he does.

Of the 14 hitters he has faced, I think only 2 of them have offered at the first pitch, so they are giving him a chance to fall behind. He has shown good control, though, as he has thrown 36 strikes and 16 balls so far. So far he has pitched better than his record would indicate, as have all of their starters. They seem to be hot - it happnes.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
This is such bulls*** man, what the f*** happened to our "new approach?" I am so mad I don't even know what to say. I mean no f***in patience at the plate trying to pull everything.

Even getting Thomas back isn't helping.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Even getting Thomas back isn't helping.

If we're going to try and win games playing smallball, Frank isn't going to help us out much. Right now, we have a very poor mix of players in our starting lineup. Nd speed besides the leadoff hitter, hardly anyone that can draw walks, and too many easy outs right now.