Summer Concerts

Texsox

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
Some good bands playing, and lots of bands I just don't want to hear, I thought about it, but now I'm not so sure, how expensive are tickets?

That's exactly the problem, I'm gonna have to sit through bands I have no interest in. I got a pre-sale price of $35.00 total for both days. It's up to like $115.00 I think.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Looks like Sigur Ros tickets for Chicago will go onsale two weeks from now, most likely 7/16 sometime. New album due out in September.

i was reading that the album will basically be all new songs from the studio, the new live songs they were playing weren't thought to make the cut on the album

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
That's exactly the problem, I'm gonna have to sit through bands I have no interest in. I got a pre-sale price of $35.00 total for both days. It's up to like $115.00 I think.

Intonation baby...2 days for 22.00

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Intonation baby...2 days for 22.00

Yeah we talked about that in another thread. Too many weird bands in that for me. I like Indie stuff, but a lot of it is just weird for the sake of being different and not very good. :huh

But there a couple of cool bands on that bill.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Yeah we talked about that in another thread.  Too many weird bands in that for me.  I like Indie stuff, but a lot of it is just weird for the sake of being different and not very good. :huh

But there a couple of cool bands on that bill.

every festival has s***ty bands...

however, andrew bird, broken social scene, death from above 1979, the wrens... ... i'm gonna put the decemberists because despite their 19th century topics they are a sensible band...

these are normal bands... The Go! Team should be sweet live though.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
i was reading that the album will basically be all new songs from the studio, the new live songs they were playing weren't thought to make the cut on the album

Um, you're wrong. Milano and Göng both made the album and have been played live since 2003 or 3004.

thats only 2...

the album will feature...um i think it was nine or ten...

they've been playing six new songs on tour(though there was a show tonight and someone got back saying there was another new song, but it wasn't verified) and only two are on the album...

thats a pretty substantial studio album then

• 2 weeks later...