Tallon named GM of Blackhawks

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Big Deal Squirtz and Pullme are still running the show and its the same ol same ol like with Mike Smith and others before Tallon.

I'm gonna disagree on this one. Tallon has an idea of what we need in Chicago and I think this team is in for a bit of a turnaround.

Sutter gone is just huge. It took way too long to do this. Sutter was obsessed with s***ty veterans and hated youngsters. With the Hawks, that's no direction to be going in. I want Yawney in here, and i think we're going to get it in the near future.

I think Tallon has a good eye for talent and knows how to run a scouting team, something the Hawks haven't had a clue about for the past 10 years. If you don't believe me, wait until you see the youngsters that contribute on the Hawks roster earlier than later. For once our farm system isn't completely s***ty.

I like what Kap is saying about Wirtz maybe surprising me. Regardless, there's a salary cap. So it's not going to take Wirtz 80 million to compete with detroit and NYR to sign key free agents. Everyone is playing under the sam rules. That doesn't mean you have to spend to the cap, of course - but a cap will make it easier to compete for these free agents, and i could see the Hawks spending more than we all think they will.

A few years from now we will look back on this day as a huge day in Hawks history, bank on it. You may not think so now, but just watch.

And trust me, there have been changes before where people have been excited - suhonen, sutter, smith, et al. - but i wasn't excited about any of those. This one i am, because i'm a huge Tallon fan/fan of getting Pulford out of the GM role. Also, if Yawney is given the keys to this team, we could really be going somewhere. He's the perfect fit for a young team, and everyone that has played for him in Norfolk has loved him.

Damn, i'm excited for the lockout to end more than ever right now. This summer is going to be crazy once it ends.

Yawney would be a very solid choice for a team with lots of youngsters as the Hawks do. I think he will make a huge difference for players like Arnason in which couldn't get along with Sutter at all...Hopefully more good things will come of this. I am never optimistic when $ Bill has his hands in anything though...so I will wait and see but so far so good.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Jeez, I've been saying this stuff all throughout the lockout threads, and FINALLY some people are hopping back aboard. :cheers

I never hopped off. :P

:bang

:canada

:usa

Let's get 'er done soon, boys!

Tallon is on Tribune Live and saying he will be his own man and make his own deals. Of course they have Mike North on there and is getting after Tallon about Pully and Wirtz...you can tell Tallon is getting pissed at North with his questions. This is one time I can't disagree with North because he was asking the questions a lot of Hawk Fans have....

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
Tallon is on Tribune Live and saying he will be his own man and make his own deals. Of course they have Mike North on there and is getting after Tallon about Pully and Wirtz...you can tell Tallon is getting pissed at North with his questions. This is one time I can't disagree with North because he was asking the questions a lot of Hawk Fans have....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if he kept a straight face when he said that. I bet you an hour later he was in a back room at the UC shining Dollar Bill's shoes for him.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)

The thing about that is, Mike North knows absolutely nothing about hockey, and for him to interview or even talk about the Blackhawks is stupid. I'm sure he was badgering him about Wirtz and what not, but Mike North doesnt know jack s*** and I want him to go back to selling hot dogs.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Mike North doesn't know jack s*** about sports period...it was just hilarious watching him badger Tallon about Wirtz and Pully and you could tell Tallon was getting pissed because he asked North..."What's your problem man?"

That's the thing, though. I don't care about Wirtz/Pully, I want to know something about the Hawks prospects. I watched/heard two interviews with Tallon, and all of the questions went along the lines of -- "Do You think the lockout will end?" -- and -- "Will Pulford still be pulling the strings?".

I don't care about that stuff. I'd like to know how a guy like Dustin Byfuglian is doing, Cam Barker, etc etc. North really sucks at those interviews...

Thats because North couldn't name you a prospect the Hawks or anyone else have so thats why he doesn't ask...He'd be lucky to name you any of the starters the Hawks have...Plus the reason everyone keeps asking about Wirtz and Pully is because they always have to have their fingers into any move the GM is going to make and I am sure it won't be much different with Tallon either. The game has passed Wirtz and Pully by a long time ago and they still don't realize it.

Edited by EvilJester99