Boers&Bernstien Are Idiots

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
I was listening to the score yesterday Boers&Bernstein said that the Sox would be the underdogs in the playoffs..

NewFlash!

gee, never heard that before

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
I was listening to the score yesterday Boers&Bernstein said that the Sox would be the underdogs in the playoffs..

:headshake Why are they already talking about playoffs? There is 3 months left of the regular season still.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
I have never listen to these guys before since I lived in NY. Are these two idiots  always like this.

first off, you can stream them now over the internet...secondly, boers really hates the Sox, it is obvious, and he gets bernstein, a sox fan, to go along with his hatred...f*** both of them...they're not funny...and its the same dumb schtick over and over again with them...everyday...same lame routine.

One of their points was that the Sox have never won a playoff series. Now, you can argue that this is irrelevant, and you'd have a good point. One other point they had was the landscape is going to change when teams make trades prior to the end of July. That's probably true too.

I think B and B are terrifically funny, and when they say something I disagree with, I don't take it personally.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
I think B and B are terrifically funny, and when they say something I disagree with, I don't take it personally.

Terrifically funny? Give me a break. they repeat their crap over and over again.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

That is the problem with the people who complain about them. You have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. They are there for entertainment value only. Just realize that they purposely try to get people pissed off and if they piss you off they are doing what they want.

I think they are hilarious. I always switch over from Carmen and Silvy and 10:00.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
One of their points was that the Sox have never won a playoff series. Now, you can argue that this is irrelevant, and you'd have a good point. One other point they had was the landscape is going to change when teams make trades prior to the end of July. That's probably true too.

That first point is irrelevant...the Marlins hadn't won a playoff series in '97. I don't know if the Angels had ever won a playoff series before the won the WS.

The only thing that will derail this team in the playoffs, if we make it (don't want to jinx it), is injuries or if they stop playing "smart ball" and start swinging for the fences.

Not to be Dr. Doom over here, but we have lost a few serieses this year. I'll admit I'm scared to play Texas in the playoffs. I think Texas is really the team I fear the most. We'll see how we stack up against NYY and BOS in August.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
Not to be Dr. Doom over here, but we have lost a few serieses this year.  I'll admit I'm scared to play Texas in the playoffs.  I think Texas is really the team I fear the most.  We'll see how we stack up against NYY and BOS in August.

I don't know if Texas has got enough quality starting pitching to hold up over a 5 game series, let alone a 7 game series. But when their bats are on fire, it might not even matter.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
I don't know if Texas has got enough quality starting pitching to hold up over a 5 game series, let alone a 7 game series. But when their bats are on fire, it might not even matter.

Offense wins games. Pitching and defense win series. And we haven't played the Rangers at Comiskey yet.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Offense wins games.  Pitching and defense win series. And we haven't played the Rangers at Comiskey yet.

yes we have, we went 2/3 against them. The only proven thing about the playoffs over the last few years is that there are MANY ways to win games and to lose them: pitching, offense, defense, baserunning, stupidity, fan interference, bad/good luck...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
yes we have, we went 2/3 against them.  The only proven thing about the playoffs over the last few years is that there are MANY ways to win games and to lose them: pitching, offense, defense, baserunning, stupidity, fan interference, bad/good luck...

.... umpires.

Oh you crazy folks who get all worked up over Borse & Bernsie...

I absolutely love listening to those guys and could care less what their 'opinions' are. They are both just trying to rile up the idiots and rarely discuss any of their actual beliefs on any sports topics.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Oh you crazy folks who get all worked up over Borse & Bernsie...

I absolutely love listening to those guys and could care less what their 'opinions' are. They are both just trying to rile up the idiots and rarely discuss any of their actual beliefs on any sports topics.

i too love Dan & Terry, they entertain me whenever i listen to them.