Juan Pierre is on the trading block

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Would love to trade Dye and have the Sox pick up Pierre

He's injury prone, and batting .249 with an OBP of .296. Dye is a much better offensive player than Pierre.

I say HELL NO to Juan Pierre.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
How on earth could anybody want a .250 hitting injury prone CF with no power and no arm, ESPECIALLY when we have a GREAT leadoff man and 4 very good outfielders already?

I think there's something of an instinct here just to assume that because a person's out there and he's been good before, he's naturally going to be an upgrade over everything we have. It doesn't matter if the person they'd replace is performing better than them, it doesn't matter if the person being asked for is slumping badly, all that matters is the name.

Drives some of us nuts.

Don't the Sox need someone who can start giving Konerko a break at first...someone whose name is not Timo?

And what about making a play for Lowe from the Dodgers? They are so done. They need a 3B in a big way. Why not move Crede and an arm to the Dodgers and then look to make a deal for Randa with prospects? Just a thought...but if we had Lowe in the rotation...oh boy, that would be scary.

Jermaine Dye is a perfect fit for the Cell, also. He's a guy with decent power who's numbers will be magnified all year just by the fact that he's playing in that park...that'll make him produce even more runs. Now that he's out of his slump, I can't think of anyone I'd replace him with who isn't outrageously expensive.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
He's injury prone, and batting .249 with an OBP of .296. Dye is a much better offensive player than Pierre.

I say HELL NO to Juan Pierre.

and i agree, we need some offense in the lineup, id like to think we have guys (iguchi) who can fill that number two spot just as well

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I love Juan Pierre and in years passed I would have given the world to have him on the Sox, however this year with the Sox arguably having the best top of the order in baseball I'd leave Pierre alone, keep the team the way it is.

its ashame some topic starters dont get the whole "keep the team the way it is" motto, you go with what works

A couple of things.

1)It depends on what they want for him and what his contract is. If it's reasonable, and they just want a midlevel prospect or midlevel prospect + Borchard + Timo, I'd do it.

2)Is he an asset? I say so. I wouldn't have him start because on this team, he doesn't deserve to start, but I wouldn't doubt that Ozzie would use him as Frank's special pinch runner and everyone else's. You can never have too much speed.

With that said, I don't think it happens.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
its ashame some topic starters dont get the whole "keep the team the way it is" motto, you go with what works

If they did there wouldn't be a thread every time there's a player on the block. Even if it seems to be a downgrade.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
A couple of things.

1)It depends on what they want for him and what his contract is. If it's reasonable, and they just want a midlevel prospect or midlevel prospect + Borchard + Timo, I'd do it.

You could give me a plate of crackers for Borchard and Timo and I'd take it. Borchard's out of minor league options and probably won't be around next year, and Timo's just eating up a roster spot and at-bats which could be given to Frank and Everett (plus he might take the roster spot away from Harris, which would be even worse)

We already have a Juan Pierre...his name is Scott Podsednik and he's blowing Pierre out of the water this year. I don't really see him as a good fit, Iguchi is the perfect two hole hitter for our lineup and Dye's power brings balance to our lineup. BALANCE is what has gotten us here, and to me adding another singles hitting OF would disrupt that. Plus defensively we'd have guys running on us all day with two s***ty arms out there. No thanks.

Plus, we have much greater needs...another solid bullpen arm being need numero uno.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Don't the Sox need someone who can start giving Konerko a break at first...someone whose name is not Timo?

And what about making a play for Lowe from the Dodgers? They are so done. They need a 3B in a big way. Why not move Crede and an arm to the Dodgers and then look to make a deal for Randa with prospects? Just a thought...but if we had Lowe in the rotation...oh boy, that would be scary.

I say no to Derek Lowe.