Nancy Faust...

Rohan

I think it's safe to say that Nancy Faust is the only cheerleader necessary at White Sox games. For thirty five years she has attended sox games and served as an organist. She's absolutley amazing, if you havn't had the pleasure of going to a game. Not only can she play amazingly, but her personality and attitude is absolutley outstanding as well.

While the team rosters may change Nancy always stays the same. She is always there to lead the fans in cheering on our White sox through thick and thin. Nancys attitude to playing the organ doesn't change depending on the game attendance. It has been said that even if the park attendance was down to all time lows, Nancy would still play "Take Me Out to The Ball Game" with incredible enthusiasm and joy.

Today Wednesday, June 22, 2005 she celebrates we celebrate her 35th year. She has attendended more games than probably anyone you know or will hope to know. The joy she brings to White Sox games is ABOUNDING.

Even though you missed her 35th anniversary, it is never to late to thank her.

I encourage anyone who goes to a white sox game to stop by Nancy's booth and talk to her. She enjoys talking to fans, and is always chipper and nice. You can request songs, drop by to watch her, or just to say "Thank you". Each and everyone of these options she welcomes with happiness. After all she's done for our great Sox, I think it's worth while to stop by give her a thank you, a hug, and smile.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
nancy is a sweetheart :P

LMAO did u guys hear the email earlier in the week to Hawk and DJ saying "Instead of having a double shift, shouldn't she have the day off?" LOL.

Haha no i missed that..

I'm family friends with Nancy..

Her son went to school with my sister for her entire schooling career...

So she gives me rides to games and stuff..

She's really nice!

-By the way you should add "Gas!" to your list of famous Hawk quotes...

Edited by Rohan

I remember stopping to talk to her a year or two ago, very sweet woman. My mom and aunt went to the first home game after the Sox clinched in 2000 (I was in my last semester of college and couldn't take off) and she said they stopped and talked to her and that she was the sweetest and coolest woman.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Was anyone at today's game? If so, how was the music?

My sister and her boy friend went..

They said it was awesome. She's amazing anyway she plays..

And yeah she's REALLY nice...

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
ive always enjoyed listening to her. i cant imagine sox games without her music. what's ur favorite song that she does?

Haha, i always request the x-man theme song cuz it sounds so pimped out blasting through the entire park...

But i like everything she plays, even if it's not my type of music...

I've known Nancy and her family since 1984. You couldn't find a nicer person, and she always has a smile and a hello for the fans who stop by her booth. I know she was very touched by yesterday's festivities, especially the Diamondvision retrospective they showed before the game. For you guys who weren't able to be there yesterday, after she threw a first pitch to Marte, she went over to Ozzie in the dugout. I asked her what the exchange was between her and Oz, and she said that Ozzie said "You trew de ball good, I'm gonna sign you up!"

Just a great day, and very deserved.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:36 AM)
I've known Nancy and her family since 1984. You couldn't find a nicer person, and she always has a smile and a hello for the fans who stop by her booth. I know she was very touched by yesterday's festivities, especially the Diamondvision retrospective they showed before the game. For you guys who weren't able to be there yesterday, after she threw a first pitch to Marte, she went over to Ozzie in the dugout. I asked her what the exchange was between her and Oz, and she said that Ozzie said "You trew de ball good, I'm gonna sign you up!"

Just a great day, and very deserved.

HAHA!

That's so awesome.. Yeah i wish i could been there.. She's absolutely amazing. After she threw her first pitch she was so excited.. She was jumping up and down and smiling and gave Damaso a great big hug and kiss on the cheek..

If anyone wants to see the picture of Nancy after throwing the first pitch look at the last page in the sports section..

Go to a game and just listen to the songs she plays for the other team's players.

I went to the game Wednesday and payed close attention to it, and I got some good laughs. Like, for David DeJesus, she played "Jesus is just alright for me", and for John Buck, she played "Money" (I think that's the name of the song, but not positive). For Graffanino, each time he was at the plate, she played an Italian sounding song. For Jermaine Dye, one time she played "Live or Let Die".

Along with being an awesome organist, listen to the songs she plays that go with the certain players. She's extremely clever.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Go to a game and just listen to the songs she plays for the other team's players.

I went to the game Wednesday and payed close attention to it, and I got some good laughs.  Like, for David DeJesus, she played "Jesus is just alright for me", and for John Buck, she played "Money" (I think that's the name of the song, but not positive).  For Graffanino, each time he was at the plate, she played an Italian sounding song.  For Jermaine Dye, one time she played "Live or Let Die". 

Along with being an awesome organist, listen to the songs she plays that go with the certain players.  She's extremely clever.

Haha yeah.. And i love how she used to play Enter sandman when ever shingo would come up... And now she plays "And Shingo was his name-o"

QUOTE(Ozzie's Accent @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
I thought it was pretty cool that she was wearing the #88 jersey (88 keys on the piano).

Hey atleast he's observant...