We are in the playoffs...

Steve9347

Alright boys, I'm knocking on wood as I type this (wood of the desk, not in the pants) but our boys have pretty much wrapped up a playoff birth at least.

They are currently 49-22. This puts them on a ridiculous pace for a ridiculous record of 112-50. Though I don't expect that to happen, looking at it the smart way, they have this wrapped up. They have 91 games left. If they lower their win-percentage a lot and only finish out the season with .500 ball (for this, we'll say 1 over, at 46-45, they would finish with a record of 95-67, which gets them in.

However, this would be a highly dissapointing record (and I believe the record that our 2000 team finished with) So I say keep kicking ass, and let's hope for a World Series...

Alright boys, I'm knocking on wood as I type this (wood of the desk, not in the pants) but our boys have pretty much wrapped up a playoff birth at least.

They are currently 49-22.  This puts them on a ridiculous pace for a ridiculous record of 112-50.  Though I don't expect that to happen, looking at it the smart way, they have this wrapped up.  They have 91 games left.  If they lower their win-percentage a lot and only finish out the season with .500 ball (for this, we'll say 1 over, at 46-45, they would finish with a record of 95-67, which gets them in.

However, this would be a highly dissapointing record (and I believe the record that our 2000 team finished with)  So I say keep kicking ass, and let's hope for a World Series...

It wasnt too long ago when we were like 25 - 12 or something and "We just need to play .500" talks started and here we are still playing better than that now.. I would imagine we will be better than .500 the rest of the way as well

We're not in the playoffs. Let's not get too cocky. Looks like we'll be 9.5GB after today since the Tigers look like they're not winning. I prefer we stay away from posts saying, "Since we're in the playoffs" or "Whose our first round opponent" It's not even AS break yet, so let's hold off on that talk.

We're not in the playoffs. Let's not get too cocky. Looks like we'll be 9.5GB after today since the Tigers look like they're not winning. I prefer we stay away from posts saying, "Since we're in the playoffs" or "Whose our first round opponent" It's not even AS break yet, so let's hold off on that talk.

9.5 games back?

The Sox have played 71 games so far and are 49-22. That is a .690% win percentage. The Sox have 91 games left. If the Sox play .500 the rest of the year they will be either 45-46 or 46-45. That would leave the Sox with 94-95 wins at the end of the season. At a .690 pace, the Sox will finish the season with 111 wins.

The Twins have played 70 games so far and are 39-31. That is a .557% win percentage. The Twins have 92 games left. That means, in order to win the division, the Twins would have to win 96 games. In order to do that, the Twins must play .620 ball to win the division WITH the Sox playing .500 or lower. At a .557 pace, the Twins will finish the season with 90 wins. That would mean:

White Sox - 111 and 51

Twins - 90 and 72

That finish would leave the Twins 21.0 games back.

Take ALL that with a grain of salt...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
We are not in the play-offs yet.  However, missing them at this point would require one of the all-time choke jobs.

Yeah guys we may be picking up a bit more publicity than the cubbies but, but that doesn't mean we're gonna pick up their choking trait...