Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
For very selfish reasons, I don't need rain on Saturday.

LOL! Keep in mind how bad the weathermen have been the last month or so in predicting rain and that it is only a 30% chance. ;)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
glad im not going to this game, id burn to death out there with the rest of em, do they cancel games over hundred degrees like they do in high school and college?

You wouldn't want to go to a Cubs/Sox game because of heat?

I think if we give Freddy run support early- we will be in great shape today. Freddy works awesome with a nice cushion. He also needs to avoid that big first inning that has been haunting him the last few outtings. Other than that he has been pretty damn good.

We should be able to get to Mitre early and often today!

:fthecubs

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
I just heard on the radio that Ozuna is starting at short today

I like it

Guess that means Uribe is still sore...Sun Times quoted Ozzie saying he wanted Juan to play today.

Hope this isn't something too nagging for Uribe.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 07:35 AM)
We should/must win 2 if not all 3....and I'm not saying that because we're playing the Cubs. I'm just saying if we pitch smart or around Lee and take a lot of pitches early on from Prior (he's gotta be on a pitch count) there is no reason to believe we can't win all 3 games.

One thing to keep in mind is that this year the shoe is on the other foot. By that I mean the Cubs are the team with nothing to lose and can come in, play loose and let it all hang out. The Sox on the other hand, who sometimes cry about attention, have to put up or shut up.

LOS, you have the roles reversed a bit here.

Currently, we're holding a comfortable lead in the American League Central. Cubs are trailing both the wild card and (obviously) the NLC. A good series is desperately needed from their team more than us.

At worst, we're 6 1/2 AHEAD of the Twins exiting the weekend.

At worst, Cubs are 11.5 behind the Cardinals and 5 games out of the Wild Card lead.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Why the hell is this game during the day????  Stupid cubs influencing our game times......

some people have jobs, y'know!!!!!

Cubs/Sox NEVER have night games except that Marte GW-Walk game last year on ESPN...

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
LOS, you have the roles reversed a bit here.

Currently, we're holding a comfortable lead in the American League Central. Cubs are trailing both the wild card and (obviously) the NLC. A good series is desperately needed from their team more than us.

At worst, we're 6 1/2 AHEAD of the Twins exiting the weekend.

At worst, Cubs are 11.5 behind the Cardinals and 5 games out of the Wild Card lead.

I see your point, thx for another perspective. :cheers

Now let's sweep some Cubby ass!! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Why the hell is this game during the day????  Stupid cubs influencing our game times......

some people have jobs, y'know!!!!!

Too many people can't handle their alcohol so they try to minimize the time they have to drink before the games.