Flubs vs. White Sox 6/26/05 game thread

Dam8610

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
I put this up in another thread,

We MUST take a ton of pitches from Prior and make him work since he is on a pitch count. He will be pumped, as he always is when he's returned from an injury.

Prior has given up 2ER (4 total) in 24 IP in his 4 returns from the DL. 6 innings in all 4 games

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Prior has given up 2ER (4 total) in 24 IP in his 4 returns from the DL.  6 innings in all 4 games

I'll take a 2-2 tie after 6 innings knowing we'd see their medicore pen after that.

:gosox1:

this isnt a normal are injury he fractured his arm, and he hasnt had a rehab start so i expect to see him get lit up. i see no logic behind not having a rehab start, dusty says the crosstown series doesnt mean as much to the cubs, but he is throwing the golden boy out there without a rehab start, give me a break

Elevate that pitch count at all costs if he is on. The minute you get into that dump they call a bullpen we should be able to get a few runs. Jon Garland will keep it close. If it wasnt for the cuban give a few extra bases to the opposition we would of been fine today with pitching.

TIME TO RALLY

EAT s*** CUBBIES

Can we see one of those 4-hit shutouts you were nailing down earlier this season Jon?

Jon needs to bring his A-game. I think he will remind Cubs fans how stupid they are, and how much feces they eat.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
BTW - Garland at home this year:

7-0 with a 2.94 ERA opponents batting .205 against him

I like our chances.

Finally, a stat that no one can be negative about. Maybe we won't hear of the forthcoming gloom and doom in this game thread?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Finally, a stat that no one can be negative about. Maybe we won't hear of the forthcoming gloom and doom in this game thread?

The only doom and gloom happens when our team abandons what has worked and gets pull crazy. Its their only and main weakness. If they hit the ball where its pitched they will be fine. You cant square up a ball on the outside corner trying to pull it unless you are Frank Thomas and he is huge and has long arms. They should of beat the crap out of Maddux yesterday. If they hit it to right and up the middle, prior will have to come in. And when he comes in its YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YES!!!!!

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)

Hate to say it but - he sucks in day games. :D

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
Hate to say it but - he sucks in day games.  :D

I know you were joking but I had to look it up, this yr 3-1 5.60 ERA in day games this season. Career 21-20 5.10 ERA in day games!!! Career vs the Cubs 2-3 6.48 ERA. Prior career vs the Sox is 2-0 3.79 ERA

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
I know you were joking but I had to look it up, this yr 3-1 5.60 ERA in day games this season.  Career 21-20 5.10 ERA in day games!!!  Career vs the Cubs 2-3 6.48 ERA.  Prior career vs the Sox is 2-0 3.79 ERA

I know, he does. I wasn't joking.

Prior has been horrible away from the Urinal and a bit worse pitching during the day than at night...

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb...7578&statType=2

I'm going to the game today so I hope we win the series and the season series. If we lose, it's only a 3-3 split on the season.

Edited by Jabroni