G  GS  W  L  SV  CG  SHO  IP   H   R  ER HR  BB   K   ERA  WHIP   BAA
8   8  4  3   0   0  0  52.1  56  29  26  8  16  21  4.47  1.38  .279

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep30.html

DETROIT -- You can bet Freddy Garcia knows just how devastating he is during day starts, even if he feigns ignorance.

Garcia is 12-1 with a 2.59 ERA in his last 17 day starts and will have another today to close out a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park.

Garcia was asked what makes him so good in the afternoon.

''I don't look at my record,'' Garcia said. ''I just know I pitch [today].''

So, Garcia was given his daytime statistics.

''Ah, that's pretty good,'' he said before breaking into a laugh.

:lolhitting

:sweep: :sweep:

^^^^

First time I use that smilie. :D

BTW, Freddy is pretty much undefeatable when pitching on daylight. He looked awesome against the Cubs at the Cell and he is pitching this afternoon in a pitchers park. I just hope the Sox don’t take the Tigers lightly because they already won the series. They need to stack up as many W’s as possible.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
:sweep:  :sweep:

^^^^

First time I use that smilie.  :D

BTW, Freddy is pretty much undefeatable when pitching on daylight. He looked awesome against the Cubs at the Cell and he is pitching this afternoon in a pitchers park. I just hope the Sox don’t take the Tigers lightly because they already won the series. They need to stack up as many W’s as possible.

:gosox1:

Wow, all sorts of jinxes going on in that post...using the sweep smilie, saying that Freddy is "pretty much undefeatable" [is that a word? :huh: ]...

The Sox just need to play their game today. If it's good enough to win, great.

It also surprises me that Maroth has a winning record versus the Sox. That's actually pathetic given the unbalanced schedule & how bad the Tigers have been.

Correction...

Freddy + Day game + Away game + Tigers = Confidence

I have almost as much confidence in Freddy during a day/away game as I do with Buehrle. The combination of a day game and a pitcher's park is sick for Freddy. The offense on the other hand... :ph34r:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
Everett will be in LF in place of Podsednik.  Rowand will be in CF and could be leading off unless Ozuna is at SS in place of Uribe.

Podsednik needs to take a seat today after that butcher job in CF yesterday.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Podsednik needs to take a seat today after that butcher job in CF yesterday.

DirecTV was out (bad storms in NoVa) yesterday....so I didn't see what Pods did or did not do. Did he screw up on Shelton's triple?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Whoa, the game is at noon?? Wow I didn't know that. :lol:

Wow, everyone kept talking about a day game with Freddy pitching, and that didn't even register with me until just now. Great, now I'll have to watch half the game in the break room.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Good lineup to face the lefty.

Surprising that Uribe is not in the lineup - he kills Maroth. Ozuna is a bit of an unknown here and I sure don't like him batting leadoff. Would rather have Rowand hit leadoff.

Also, AJ is 4 for 10 off of Maroth in his career. Widger is 1 for 5. Small sample size, but I'd like AJ in this situation (except for the fact we are in a day-game-after-a-long-night-game situation).

Surprising that Uribe is not in the lineup - he kills Maroth.  Ozuna is a bit of an unknown here and I sure don't like him batting leadoff.  Would rather have Rowand hit leadoff.

Also, AJ is 4 for 10 off of Maroth in his career.  Widger is 1 for 5.  Small sample size, but I'd like AJ in this situation (except for the fact we are in a day-game-after-a-long-night-game situation).

With Podsednik out of the lineup, we needed a leadoff man. I guess Rowand could have led off though.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Wow, everyone kept talking about a day game with Freddy pitching, and that didn't even register with me until just now.  Great, now I'll have to watch half the game in the break room.

That's why I made sure to put it in the title. :bang