Ever Notice

jerseysox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Would you like Jeff Francis over Brandon McCarthy?

Wow... Francis is 5-1 with a 3.50 era at home and is 1-4 with a 7.21 era away...

I would take Francis over Josh Stewart for sure, but not sure about this one... maybe even over Felix Diaz

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:27 AM)
Wow... Francis is 5-1 with a 3.50 era at home and is 1-4 with a 7.21 era away...

I would take Francis over Josh Stewart for sure, but not sure about this one... maybe even over Felix Diaz

No, you would give 18 josh stewart's/felix diaz's for francis.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
If Jeff Franics didn't pitch for Colorado, he'd be a top starter for almost any team. And yet, he's pretty much Colorado's best starter as it is.

Just look at his home record and era and it explains how good of a pitcher he is.... I'll take him..

There are only two AL teams to worry about if we make the playoffs.

1. The team we play in the ALDS

2. The team we play in the ALCS

I don't care who they are, I'll worry about them till they are in our rear view mirror.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
There are only two AL teams to worry about if we make the playoffs.

1.  The team we play in the ALDS

2.  The team we play in the ALCS

I don't care who they are, I'll worry about them till there are in our rear view mirror.

:cheers perfect....

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
even if schilling is so-so, their pitching is good enough considering how lethal that offense is. i can see garland getting pounded in Fenway.

Garland has made Boston his b**** in the past. I think he may have thrown two 1-hitters against them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Garland has made Boston his b**** in the past.  I think he may have thrown two 1-hitters against them.

ERA in the last three years against Boston is 3.20, 1.93 at Fenway. It's only about three or four starts, but there's nothing that supports him getting crushed. Mark's numbers are decent, Freddy's suck (although that's to be expected since he struggled 2 of the last 3 years). The point is that the three of them are pitching great this year, and none of them have shown any reasons to doubt them yet.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
ERA in the last three years against Boston is 3.20, 1.93 at Fenway. It's only about three or four starts, but there's nothing that supports him getting crushed. Mark's numbers are decent, Freddy's suck (although that's to be expected since he struggled 2 of the last 3 years). The point is that the three of them are pitching great this year, and none of them have shown any reasons to doubt them yet.

I love it how Freddy stepped it up knowing we had a tired bullpen from the day before and goes out to throw a CG. Thats why this team is so great, everyone picks each other up. We have 3 starters that can compete with the best of them, lets just wait and see what happens but I am comfortable with what we have going against opponents.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Sox vs. Rockies in the WS this year? How does that sound? No more debating about this one...... problem solved, the rockies are going to the ws and the sox will take 'em down...

Your a mad man, we can't take the Rockies. They're too good.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting