Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

I started the game thread yesterday and we cruised to an easy win, why not do it again? :P

Contreras career vs Oakland:

G  GS  W  L  SV  CG  SHO  IP    H   R  ER  HR  BB   K   ERA  WHIP   BAA
3   3  1  1   0   0   0  13.1  12  12  11   4   9  10  7.43  1.58  .240

Harden career vs Chicago:

G  GS  W  L  SV  CG  SHO    IP   H   R  ER  HR  BB   K   ERA  WHIP   BAA
4   4  2  1   0   0    0  25.1  23  11  10   1   4  20  3.55  1.07  .242

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the best team in baseball, we shouldnt lose, BUT this pitching matchup in particular is probably the worst all yr , Oakland takes walks, Contreras likes to walk guys and we have a hard time winning in Oakland, but we will win!!! Like Hawk said yesterday, when we score 2 or less we are 7-12, the last 3 yrs combined we were something like 5-120

Back to the House of Horrors.

1/3 and I'm a happy guy.  Tonight's matchup heavily favors the A's.

Heavily favored is right. I would be very impressed with a win tonight with Contreras facing Harden at Oakland. If we win tonight, we will win the series with Garland and Buehrle finishing up the weekend.

I said coming into the 1st game with Detroit, I wanted a 4-2 roadtrip. While it wont look good now, I will still be happy if we go 4-2. Get it done Sox.

I think we will win 1 for sure with Garland and Buehrle pitching but will we win the series? :huh That is anyone's guess.

*shudders* I hate this freakin place but I do think we will win this series, just got a feeling. All I know is that last series had the weirdest back to back games I've probably ever seen with the last 2 games of that series.

Contreras' stats against Oakland make me sick.

He's sucked balls recently, so this might be a big game for him. A lot of people said that McCarthy's start against the Tigers would be a big determining factor for KW in making a move, but I think this start is just as big.

*shudders* I hate this freakin place but I do think we will win this series, just got a feeling.  All I know is that last series had the weirdest back to back games I've probably ever seen with the last 2 games of that series.

Heh, do you ever have a feeling that the Sox will lose?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
There 53-24, why anyone ever get the feeling there going to lose??

Thank you. No, Jabroni with this team I don't think they'll lose many series and they haven't, they're the best team in baseball why would anyone predict them to lose?? Obviously this s*** hole of a place is the exception because weird, weird things happen there for us but I think we can finally win a series there or atleast I hope.

There 53-24, why anyone ever get the feeling there going to lose??

Thank you.  No, Jabroni with this team I don't think they'll lose many series and they haven't, they're the best team in baseball why would anyone predict them to lose??  Obviously this s*** hole of a place is the exception because weird, weird things happen there for us but I think we can finally win a series there or atleast I hope.

Still gotta have faith Jabroni, everytime someone has doubted this team they rise to the occasion. Like I said earlier this place scares the s*** out of me but I just have so much confidence in this team and I'll take my chances.

Still gotta have faith Jabroni, everytime someone has doubted this team they rise to the occasion.  Like I said earlier this place scares the s*** out of me but I just have so much confidence in this team and I'll take my chances.

We lost the A's series earlier in the season. No matter how hot we are, we always suck at Oakland and tonight is possibly the worst pitching matchup we could have. Contreras against a team that takes walks. Ouch. I hope Contreras nuts up and throws strikes but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Contreras' career stats against Oakland don't get my hopes up.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
We lost the A's series earlier in the season.  No matter how hot we are, we always suck at Oakland and tonight is possibly the worst pitching matchup we could have.  Contreras against a team that takes walks.  Ouch.  I hope Contreras nuts up and throws strikes but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Well, since you expect them to lose this one, don't beat up on them so much in the game thread.

Guest JimH
What is wrong with what I said?  If these guys makes the playoffs and continue to swing for the fences every AB against stud playoff pitchers, they will get owned.

They aren't swinging for the fences every AB. That's a myth perpetrated by several people on this board, it is getting to be almost sheep-like cult status.

I share your doubts about Contreras in tonite's game, he will absolutely need to challenge the hitters and I hope Cooper, Ozzie, and AJ get his mind right before the game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
Just to let everyone know, if Contreras performs well enough and we overcome our terrible play in Oakland tonight, we'll be 30 games over .500.

So, nobody wants to discuss this ^ at all? Seems like a better topic than arguing back and forth about offense that will just end like all the other arguments have ended...with nobody swaying the other side.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
I'll stick my neck out and say we'll take 2 in Oak. this weekend If this team is playoff bound, they gotta step up in 'games not supposed to be won' situations.

I hope you are right, Oakland is really hot right now. Hopefully they can be held down.