Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Did he maybe get a bad jump on it?  I dunno, I wasn't watching...

That ball landed 5 feet in front of him and that included him slowing up at the end.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
His WHIP is still lower than Mr. Schmidt over in SF.  :P

There is one factor that people dont take into effect. This guy wears down his own team. He pitches so slow, wild pitches, walks and just drags the game to a snails pace. People start to play bad behind him because they are waiting on everything. I would rather have some guy get hit a bit more than to do this. I bet our players feel like they played a double header after playing in one of these games. Thank god Buerhle, Garland and Garcia have been quick workers.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)
alright, it's obvious contreras has nothing today.  he shouldn't go another inning.  This is when having someone like cotts who can go 2ish innings comes in huge

That's where the Marte injury really hurts us. We need Cotts to be the set-up man against the tough A's lefties. Unless Ozzie has confidence in Walker, we can't be using Cotts for 2 innings in the middle of the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
That's where the Marte injury really hurts us.  We need Cotts to be the set-up man against the tough A's lefties.  Unless Ozzie has confidence in Walker, we can't be using Cotts for 2 innings in the middle of the game.

isn't cotts doing pretty terrible against lefties this season?

Again, i'm not the biggest fan of using a pitcher just for lefties, if he can pitch, let him pitch. I'm fine with letting cliff be setup.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Once again, the Sox will need to find a way to grind this out.  Things tend to go against them out there in Oakland.

The one thing I like is Ozzie had no one warming up last inning.  It was as if to tell Contreras to man up.  This is a pennant race, get your mind right.

I understand what you're saying here but he clearly doesn;t have anything tonight.

No control whatsoever.

Time for the hook.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)

Again, i'm not the biggest fan of using a pitcher just for lefties, if he can pitch, let him pitch.  I'm fine with letting cliff be setup.

Not terrible vs. LH

Just dominant vs. RH

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:50 AM)

Again, i'm not the biggest fan of using a pitcher just for lefties, if he can pitch, let him pitch.  I'm fine with letting cliff be setup.

Cotts' numbers against lefties have improved, but that's not the whole factor. A lot of lefties are just so much worse against LHP, it doesn't matter who's on the mound. You can negate a lot of the power some lefty hitters have by pitching a lefty.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
I understand what you're saying here but he clearly doesn;t have anything tonight.

No control whatsoever.

Time for the hook.

His last few starts havent been all that good. He has one decent start out of a few crapolas.

Now DJ is talking about how stubborn Conteras is. LOL