Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is officially the most annoying pitched game we've had all year. If I had gotten home earlier tonight, I was going to type before the game that I didn't like Contreras's chances against a patient hitting team. 7 walks later, I'm thankful we still have a chance to win.

If Walker comes in and s***s the bed here, there's no one to blame but KW and/or Ozzie. He's been brutal in AAA, and looked like s*** in the majors. HOPEFULLY, he'll prove me wrong....but I don't think Walker deserves to be in the majors.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
I'm sorry, but Jose Contreras is completely useless to a division leading team like the Sox. There is NO excuse for the number of walks and wild pitches this cockgobbler has.

Exactly. I'm now pretty confident that KW is going to pull the trigger sooner than the deadline. I get the feeling that nobody on the Sox really like Contreras. It's easy to tell that Hawk and DJ are tired of him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Ozzie must figure the game is a lost cause anyway with bringing walker in.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd rather save the other ones (with ability) for Garland and Buehrle. Right now he's just seeing if Walker can keep it close.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
How the F is this game 2-2!

Just about ready to go to bed here as Walker coming in .

This is the problem. 3 weeks from now when someone is talking about replacing Conteras or getting another pitcher. If he gets out of this, someone will look back and see he only gave up 2 runs. This is one place where the stats dont tell the story.

Besides the 7 walks.