Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it boggles the mind how the management can bring in this f*** stick, i mean shouldnt his numbers have some sort of a warrant for being called up? Even tho he just got n out I mean come on.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
7 Walks. 

This is why we need to trade for a pitcher.  Conteras doing this as our number 5, sure.  Conteras doing this, and then El Duque doing the same thing with an 85 mph fastball the next day.  God.

We need another starter about as much as I need a sharp stick up my ass. We've got the best ERA of any starting staff in the AL, and 3rd in the majors. Giving up serious talent and spending a bunch of money for another starting pitcher would be an absolute waste. Whoever we'd get would make about 12 more in the regular season and two tops in the playoffs. It's not like we need an ace to beat most team's 4th starters anyways.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
We need another starter about as much as I need a sharp stick up my ass. We've got the best ERA of any starting staff in the AL, and 3rd in the majors. Giving up serious talent and spending a bunch of money for another starting pitcher would be an absolute waste. Whoever we'd get would make about 12 more in the regular season and two tops in the playoffs. It's not like we need an ace to beat most team's 4th starters anyways.

See how great the team unity is after a few more of these types of starts. We need someone to throw strikes.