How I learned to keep worrying

Milkman delivers

as it's been said before, so many posters have been turned off from gamethreads and the such because a select few dominate it with absolutely obnoxioius opinions.  Gamethreads used to be my favorite part of this site, oh well.

By the way, thanks for putting alot of thought into your post, we need more of that.

There is an "Ignore User" feature. You can click on someone's user name and then choose to ignore them. I'm assuming that the feature works and that you then don't see that user's posts.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

The ignore feature is not the solution. What's needed is a change in behavior from the people whom several posters are identifying in this thread.

But that won't happen, so unfortunately other things will probably have to get done.

It is not a big deal ... people come and go. The ones who go are inevitably the ones who say "don't like what I say, use the ignore feature". They try to make everyone else adapt to them vs. trying to adapt to others.

In the meantime, carry on and Go Sox.

The ignore feature is not the solution.  What's needed is a change in behavior from the people whom several posters are identifying in this thread.

But that won't happen, so unfortunately other things will probably have to get done.

It is not a big deal ... people come and go.  The ones who go are inevitably the ones who say "don't like what I say, use the ignore feature".  They try to make everyone else adapt to them vs. trying to adapt to others.

In the meantime, carry on and Go Sox.

Why is it not a solution? If you don't like what someone posts you can choose to ignore them and never have to read their posts. It makes sense to me. :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Why is it not a solution?  If you don't like what someone posts you can choose to ignore them and never have to read their posts.  It makes sense to me. :huh

Just because someone doesn't like someone else's posts, doesn't automatically mean that that person is going to put the other on ignore. It almost doesn't count for topics started by that person either IIRC.

TIME OUT.

OK?

All of you.

MOVE ON.

Edit:

I probably shouldn't have said it that way, but damn I get sick of reading this s***.

I've said that people need to be above this stuff, haven't I?

Be a better person and walk away, but it's like two year olds in that people have to have the last word about EVERYTHING.

There's a LOT of people at fault, and enough's enough. Let's walk away, please?

Edited by kapkomet

ok...

I closed this for a few minutes to let everyone digest it without the rapid fire responses. There's some good discussion on here about a lot of things.

Calling each other out is probably not what we want, but let's face it, there are a few who continue to be a problem with the community at large here.

I don't like to lock things, PM people about attitudes, or generally be an ass, but damn, sometimes you have to just be better about a situation and let it go.

Usually, there's two sides to everything. Let's all take that approach and life will be better around here, right?

I admit that I've had plenty of negative comments on this site. Most of the time they're gut reactions, but that's not to say they're always wrong. Some of the negative things I've said were true and some were just stupid things that I had an urge to say. That being said, I also think I've said positive things for which I believe I don't get credit. But, I don't really care either way.

I understand that I have offended, or for lack of a better term, pissed people off on this board. So, I now apologize for that. I will try to tone down my future posts and just say a generic curse instead of being so negative. I'm sorry.

And just to let it be known, I did not appreciate being called out like this. If someone had a problem, which they did, I would much rather have had them PM me or make a post directly to me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
And just to let it be known, I did not appreciate being called out like this.  If someone had a problem, which they did, I would much rather have had them PM me or make a post directly to me.

You adapt, i have. :ph34r:

Milkman. As far as I'm concerned, you're not all that negative. You have your moments, for sure, but you generally balance it out. That being said, the fact that several people called you out in this thread may have served as more of an eye opener than a PM from a single poster.

Also, the fact that you did not like being called out in public probably didn't mean a whole helluva lot to those that did not like reading all the negative BS in the game threads. Basically, your posts were publically made, so don't b**** when you are publically called out about them.

Consider this as constructive criticism and some food for thought.