TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
If this move goes down I'd do it, assuming Kenny is confident he could pull a Wagner or Guardado from his sleeve.

Trade for Burnett and Guardado? Who wouldn't be giddy about that until you realize both may be gone next year, along with all the prospects that would be required to secure them.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
I say Willie goes in the Eddie deal. There, happy. :P

Does Ozuna then backup Iguchi as well? Or Dye? Remember, we've already had games this season where we've had 2 infielders down at the start of the game...(without Crede being tossed out)...seriously what happens if Crede's back is sore and Uribe gets hit by a pitch?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
I just think it's more likely the Sox would deal an Anderson or Sweeney before McCarthy at the moment, even though he's bombed in his brief time up here. Of course if the Marlins wanted someone like Chris Young or Jerry Owens without us giving up B-Mac, than that makes things a whole lot more interesting.

I'd probably trade Anderson or Sweeney before trading Young.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:38 AM)
Trade them Marte, Tracey and Borchard...heck they traded DLee for Heeeeeeeeeeee Seop Choi!?!?! Why not?

Marte has ALOT of value as his past 3 seasons place him in the top 20 or 30 relievers in the game. Tracey is a live arm, maybe Borchard would be enough???

Borchard in Charlotte - .243/.313/.442, 96 K's, 27 BB's.

Don't think the Fishies will be wanting him greatly.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
Trade for Burnett and Guardado?  Who wouldn't be giddy about that until you realize both may be gone next year, along with all the prospects that would be required to secure them.

Guardado has a year left on his contract after this season, or a team option IIRC.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Borchard in Charlotte - .243/.313/.442, 96 K's, 27 BB's.

Don't think the Fishies will be wanting him greatly.

Oh i'm well aware of his stats... :angry:

Whats so bad about 96 Ks????

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
If AJ gets traded here expect him to be resigned quickly.  Think Freddy or even quicker.

The thing is, he's probably going to get more than Freddy, since he'll be the only real good starter available in FA if he decides to go that route. Some team like Detroit could offer him $12 million a season for 4 to 5 years.

My problem with trading for another starter at this point is that we have our 4 man rotation set for the playoffs.

Buerhle, Garland, Garcia, Hernandez.

Hernandez was acquired specifically for his results in the postseason.

I would not trade Marte because LHRP have been important in the playoffs. We only have 2 reliable ones now, and you'd like to have 3 going into the playoffs.

IMO, we should be looking for a LH 5th starter/long reliever. Somebody who can fill in for Hernandez now and can keep Walker off the roster when he returns.

Casey Fossum fared poorly last night, but he'd be one guy I'd have interest in. If Kirk Rueter is released by SF, I'd kick the tires on him too.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Guardado has a year left on his contract after this season, or a team option IIRC.

i think id rather have jenks and baj take over the role, jenks has shown us that he compete from the one inning we all saw and baj has experience and improved, we dont need guardado

Borchard has actually been on fire lately...

Joe Borchard is raising his value at Charlotte. The Sox's No. 1 pick in 2000 is batting .333 (18-for-54) with three doubles, four home runs, nine RBIs and 11 runs in his last 14 games. After a miserable start, Borchard has raised his batting average to .243 with 15 home runs and 37 RBIs in 80 games for the Knights.

"He stopped pressing," said Dave Wilder, the Sox's director of player development. "He wants to be in the big leagues, but it no longer weighs on his mind as much as it did before. If you're worrying about what's happening here, it's always going to affect you

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:40 AM)
I'd probably trade Anderson or Sweeney before trading Young.

Shows how high Young's stock is especially after his last few weeks. Of course I'm still higher on Sweeney than most, and Anderson I'm still a little iffy about.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
The thing is, he's probably going to get more than Freddy, since he'll be the only real good starter available in FA if he decides to go that route. Some team like Detroit could offer him $12 million a season for 4 to 5 years.

If he gets on the open market he's going to make a s***load....no doubt. Think about it though, if you can trade for Burnett and lock him up, not only is this years team set but next years is basically as well.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
i think id rather have jenks and baj take over the role, jenks has shown us that he compete from the one inning we all saw and baj has experience and improved, we dont need guardado

Jenks has pitched 1 inning in the major leagues, and Baj 8, if the Sox have a chance to acquire a proven veteran like Eddie the Eagle to put him in that role, they'll do it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Jenks has pitched 1 inning in the minor leagues, and Baj 8, if the Sox have a chance to acquire a proven veteran like Eddie the Eagle to put him in that role, they'll do it.

Actually Jenks has pitched more then 1 inning in the minor leagues and Baj has pitched more then 8 :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
If he gets on the open market he's going to make a s***load....no doubt.  Think about it though, if you can trade for Burnett and lock him up, not only is this years team set but next years is basically as well.

That's the issue KW needs to be hammering out right now, talking with Burnett's agents and seeing how much it's gonna cost to get him locked up. Anyone know who his agent is BTW, hopefully not Scot Bora$$. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
Actually Jenks has pitched more then 1 inning in the minor leagues and Baj has pitched more then 8 :P

minors, majors it's all good. :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
I hope so.  That's what made the FG trade so great, getting FG locked up.

If they lock him up long term, I'd be so stinking giddy over that deal. Heck, anyone think they'd have some interest in Duque.

Sox are frustrated with Duque, they deal Duque, Marte, and say Gio or Tracey plus a guy like Owens.

The deal gives the Marlins some help in the future but it also helps the Marlins this year because they get a guy that can pitch for them down the stretch (Duque) as well as Marte who can be an asset for them in the pen.

And if they lock him up long term and the Marlins were sticklers, if worse came to worse I'd give them an Anderson or Bmac instead of Gio or Tracey to get it done. This is only if he were signed long term or at least if the Sox were going to give it a gung ho effort.

Than they could turn their attention to picking up a lefty reliever.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
If they lock him up long term, I'd be so stinking giddy over that deal.  Heck, anyone think they'd have some interest in Duque. 

Sox are frustrated with Duque, they deal Duque, Marte, and say Gio or Tracey plus a guy like Owens. 

The deal gives the Marlins some help in the future but it also helps the Marlins this year because they get a guy that can pitch for them down the stretch (Duque) as well as Marte who can be an asset for them in the pen.

not to mention duque gives them postseason experience, and we get playoff expereicne in burnett i believe (he pitched in the playoffs right?)

You guys are incredible. I've just been reading through this thread thinking of all the possibilities. I can't even imagine how amazing our rotation would be if we added Burnett. Maybe since FLA wants MLB ready players, they will take Willie/Borchard/Timo? All are LH bats who play OF. Or heck, why not Marte, Willie, Borch, and Timo for Burnett? I would absolutely love getting rid of all those bums, they are probably my 4 least favorite Sox players.