June Stats

danman31

As some of you know I do the monthly reviews at futuresox and I use excel to get the monthly stats of the minor leaguers. Here's the June stats for the guys, but only for the roster they're currently on because milb.com pulls guys off the stat page once they're off the roster. I e-mailed Gene about prettying up the one I got since he's good with that. Hopefully he comes through. Anyway, here it is. June Stats

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
That's a sick line from Young... 17BB 19K 8HR. Incredible.

Yeah, I was thrilled to see that with the power he hit for this month.

BTW, I figured out why my cells look crappy as webpages. I have excel 97, which has a different feature from 2000. For you it's 'save as webpage' for me it's 'save as html'. So I'd have to edit the html on geocities to make it look better and I don't really feel like doing that when it takes you or anyone else with 2000 2 minutes to do as opposed to a lot more than that for me. Thanks again.

More on Young -- By month

BB    K   HR

April 8 31 4

May 15 32 5

June 17 19 8

July 1 1 0

======================

Total 41 83 17

Just his peripherals by month. Remember that April is shorter than the others. His K rate is coming down each month. His walk rate is going up each month, and his power is going along with it.

Don't trade this guy.

Wow, I didn't realize just how bad of a month Ryan Sweeney was having. .263 SLG%? .271 OBP? :puke

Over the course of this half season, my excitment towards prospects have shifted from Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields to Chris Young and Casey Rogowski. I'm starting to get really excited about Rogo.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Wow, I didn't realize just how bad of a month Ryan Sweeney was having.  .263 SLG%?  .271 OBP?  :puke

Over the course of this half season, my excitment towards prospects have shifted from Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields to Chris Young and Casey Rogowski. I'm starting to get really excited about Rogo.

I'm excited about Rogo just for the fact I really believe him and Ross can do a fantastic job holding down first without pauly here next year or atleast I hope pauly is gone after this season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm excited about Rogo just for the fact I really believe him and Ross can do a fantastic job holding down first without pauly here next year or atleast I hope pauly is gone after this season.

Wow I knew Chris Young was having a good stretch but didnt know how good, if he can keep his walk and k rate like this for the rest of the season that would be awesome because even if he hits for a lot of power i wouldnt be able to handle watching a guy who strikes out 30 plus times a month.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
That's a sick line from Young... 17BB 19K 8HR. Incredible.

It's also encouraging to see that while he struck out 19x, he walked 17x in June as well. Also, he had time to steal 7 bases.

Not bad CY! :bringit

Bad signs -

Brian Anderson (AAA) with no stolen bases?!?!?

Wes Whisler (A) - 12.39 ERA?!?!? Ugh....move him to 1b.

Good signs -

Looks like Greg Norton (AAA) is ready as a pinch hitter for the Sox:

.424 .565 .365 OBP/SLG/AVG

Josh Fields (AA) starting to heat up in AA - .264 BA in June, 5 HR.

Robbie Valido (WS A) - 11SBs! .378 BA!!! :snr Rock on!

Adam Ricks (A) with a great June - .319 BA.

Edited by OilCan

Anderson isn't going to be a guy who steals bases so that shouldn't be a worry.

Chris Young is looking more and more like Mike Cameron every-day, I agree with the sentiments that we shouldn't trade him.

Rogo and Gload at first base next season, doubt it will happen though.