Pods = All Star

GoArow33

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
That's what i have been calling podsednik lately but of course dbaho has to steal it.

:headshake

Hey, he who uses it first on here, uhhhh uses it. :P

Via whitesox.com

The icing on the cake for Podsednik comes in the form of a $25,000 bonus, in addition to a $75,000 bump in his 2006 salary, for making the 2005 All-Star team.

All because of us

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Steve Phillips on ESPN was shocked that Scotty made it and said Jeter would ALWAYS make his all-star team!!

Ha Ha!

You have to hand it to the Sox, they made those VOTE FOR SCOTTY posters/shirts/advertisements.

This was a team move from upper management, to the players, and of course, to the fans.

Yes.

Whoa, I thought there was already 47 pages about Pods being an all-star. I didn't occur to me that someone changed the thread name.

Everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back, especially those of you that put in hours upon hours of time. Pods is definitely where he belongs.

And from all of us Sox fans, a big "f*** you" goes out to Steve Phillips. Aww, Jeter will always be on your all-star team. That's so cute. I'm sure Derek appreciates it. That will comfort him when he's crying in his sleep tonight.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Whoa, I thought there was already 47 pages about Pods being an all-star.  I didn't occur to me that someone changed the thread name.

Everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back, especially those of you that put in hours upon hours of time.  Pods is definitely where he belongs. 

And from all of us Sox fans, a big "f*** you" goes out to Steve Phillips.  Aww, Jeter will always be on your all-star team.  That's so cute.  I'm sure Derek appreciates it.  That will comfort him when he's crying in his sleep tonight.

i agree. we really stepped up a proved why we kick ass as fans. good job everyone. who has no fans and will always be the second team in this city now ESPN. :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Steve Phillips on ESPN was shocked that Scotty made it and said Jeter would ALWAYS make his all-star team!!

Well, after seeing some of those teams he put together in New York, we all know that Steve Phillips is a good judge on who is and who isn't an all-star.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)

Well we all know how good Steve Phillips was at putting together teams.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
Well we all know how good Steve Phillips was at putting together teams.

Derek Jeter's salary this year: $19,600,000.

Scott Podsednik's salary this year: $725,000 (after today).

Of course Steve Phillips wants him.

Anywho...how many times have we heard the ESPN announcers say that the game is "For the fans" when Mike Piazza gets voted in at catcher? If the game is for the fans...then they shouldn't have a damn thing to complain about, because the most fans won.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2005 Steve Phillips All Stars

C Mike Piazza

1B Mo Vaughn

2B Robbie Alomar

SS Derek Jeter

3B Ty Wigginton

LF Timo Perez

CF Roger Cedeno

RF Jeromy Burnitz

SP Pedro Astacio

SP Tom Glavine

CL Armando Benitez (2003 edition)

Manager: Art Howe

Bravo everyone! Bravo!

Scottie should send Soxtalk a fruit basket from Detroit because with you guys voting 100+ times, Scott would be at home watching the game.

Congrats to Scott and congrats to all the posters that voted and voted and voted and voted...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Like the one guy said at the yankees forum...

Vorp from this season.

Jeter 36.5.

Podsednik 9.3.

Ahh good ol' vorp. Podsednik deserves to be in, he's been probably the best leadoff hitter in baseball, vorp won't tell you what he's done for this team when he's been on base. You just don't like him because you won't admit you were wrong about the trade. Sorry Scotty's in, deal with it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Ahh good ol' vorp.  Podsednik deserves to be in, he's been probably the best leadoff hitter in baseball, vorp won't tell you what he's done for this team when he's been on base.  You just don't like him because you won't admit you were wrong about the trade.  Sorry Scotty's in, deal with it.

I wasn't wrong but o.k. I know what the trade did for the team aka bringing in other players. You cannot even compare the two players lee and podsednik.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
I wasn't wrong but o.k. I know what the trade did for the team aka bringing in other players. You cannot even compare the two players lee and podsednik.

You can't compare the players because they're different type of players but if you don't think Scotty's been as valuable to the sox as carlos has been for Milwaukee your nuts.