U of Illinois Football Recruit

I normally wouldn't post something on just one recruit, but this guy is someone we definitely want. Although, I may be a little biased b/c Jordan was my best friend when I lived in Ohio before I moved. And, although it doesn't mention it in the article, he runs a 4.6 40 and has a 3.9 GPA. Plus, he's very football smart as his dad is the head football coach at his high school.

Ohio Athlete Has Several Offers

Columbus (Ohio) Worthington Kilbourne safety Jordan Gafford will be a four-year letter winner in 2005. Gafford cracked the starting line-up as a sophomore playing quarterback and safety. The 6-foot, 195-pounder, played those same positions as a junior and he played them well enough to earn several scholarship offers.

“I have scholarship offers from Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Miami (Ohio), Indiana, Kent State and Cincinnati,” Jordan Gafford said.

“My favorites are Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Illinois, Miami (Ohio), Marshall and Cincinnati.”

Gafford hit the camp circuit hard this summer and he tells Scout.com which schools he was most impressed with.

“I guess we can start in the state of Michigan,” said Gafford. “I loved the campus at Michigan State and I feel that I’d fit in with their style of play on defense. I also liked all the coaches at Michigan State.

“I learned a lot from Coach (Ron) English at Michigan. Coach (Mark) Dantonio and Coach (Norm) Parker at Iowa are also coaches that taught me a lot about the safety position.

“Illinois was a school that impressed me a lot. Coach Zook is a great guy and I get along very well with the coach (Ed Warinner) that’s recruiting me from Illinois. Illinois has great academics and that’s very attractive as well.”

Gafford racked up 143 tackles, 5 interceptions, 3 sacks and 3 blocked punts as a junior. Kilbourne runs an option offense and Jordan had 900 yards rushing and 750 yards passing from his quarterback position in 2004. Gafford projects as a safety in college.

Gafford has a brother that played football and basketball for Princeton and he has a cousin that plays hoops for Bowling Green.