Insider Info Please

soxfan3530

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off if the Sox could deal for Schmidt and Vizquel you do it.

Deal Willie Harris, Brandon McCarthy, Ryan Sweeney and one more good to solid pitching prospect (or if they want something else not named Chris Young or Brian Anderson) plus a guy like Baj.

I finally managed my way into insider here's the little blurb:

South Side short order?

The Jason Schmidt-to-the-White Sox rumors won't die, and any potential deal with San Francisco could be expanded to include shortstop Omar Vizquel, the Daily Southtown reports. While Vizquel isn't currently available, that could change if/when the fourth-place Giants decide to call it a season before the end of the month. "I prefer to fly stealth," Sox GM Ken Williams told the newspaper, regarding the trade speculation.

The Sox had Vizquel at the top of their wish list last winter, only to have the Giants step in with a better offer. Shortstop Juan Uribe has been a disappointment thus far, while Vizquel remains as consistent as ever at 38 and he is a Venezuelan native like Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen.

Its just a rehash of the Southtown article.

However, I can't say I'd give up Bobby Jenks because I Think he can help the team now, plus when your keeping your payroll down and are already spending big bucks in your starting rotation, I think its apparent you got to develop relievers from within (cause you can't afford to go out to FA for both, imo). Cotts and Jenks can be two of the better relievers in baseball and the Sox will be able to control them for a while.

Of course Politte and Hermy were pretty nice FA pickups, lol.

On a sidenote, Alou keeps talking about how good the Giants pen will be next year. I do think the Giants will have some interest in Willie Harris, especially since I think Ray Ray will be traded (he's having a good year too).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)

However, I can't say I'd give up Bobby Jenks because I Think he can help the team now, plus when your keeping your payroll down and are already spending big bucks in your starting rotation, I think its apparent you got to develop relievers from within (cause you can't afford to go out to FA for both, imo).  Cotts and Jenks can be two of the better relievers in baseball and the Sox will be able to control them for a while. 

On a sidenote, Alou keeps talking about how good the Giants pen will be next year.  I do think the Giants will have some interest in Willie Harris, especially since I think Ray Ray will be traded (he's having a good year too).

Having Hermy, Cliff, Neal, Damaso and Jenks all atleast through next year makes me giddy :D

However, I can't say I'd give up Bobby Jenks because I Think he can help the team now, plus when your keeping your payroll down and are already spending big bucks in your starting rotation, I think its apparent you got to develop relievers from within (cause you can't afford to go out to FA for both, imo).  Cotts and Jenks can be two of the better relievers in baseball and the Sox will be able to control them for a while. 

On a sidenote, Alou keeps talking about how good the Giants pen will be next year.  I do think the Giants will have some interest in Willie Harris, especially since I think Ray Ray will be traded (he's having a good year too).

I hope we dont have to lose any bullpen arms, I love our Bullpen with addition of Jenks.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
Last night, Peter Alzheimers and the other BBT clowns said KW is seriously looking at Guardado.  Anyone else catch that?

I did. He said it was us and the Nats that were the main teams trying to get him.

I think we all need to brace for at least two big roster moves that will leave us sad for what is lost but hopeful for what's to come. I'm glad I'm not a GM. To say "so long" to Uribe, a guy with a future, for a guy with no future, would be brutal. But hey, you have to keep your eye on the prize and this year has a chance to be special (this would also make his playmate Timo very dispensable). I just hope that whatever these moves are that they work out.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
I think we all need to brace for at least two big roster moves that will leave us sad for what is lost but hopeful for what's to come. I'm glad I'm not a GM. To say "so long" to Uribe, a guy with a future, for a guy with no future, would be brutal. But hey, you have to keep your eye on the prize and this year has a chance to be special (this would also make his playmate Timo very dispensable). I just hope that whatever these moves are that they work out.

Yep, can't have your cake and eat it too.

Pull the trigger KW, it's never gonna be perfect.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
I'm beginning to like the idea of Schmidt, Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Count.

Thats just sick.

MB would top the rotation....they couldnt move him back......that would be a travesty

Probably be something like

Buehrle, Garcia, Schmidt, Count/Duque, Garland

(mix and match garcia/schmidt)