Insider Info Please

soxfan3530

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
MB would top the rotation....they couldnt move him back......that would be a travesty

Probably be something like

Buehrle, Garcia, Schmidt, Count/Duque, Garland

(mix and match garcia/schmidt)

c'mon, i dont think the order of our rotation really matters, but if you're going to be picky, you would not put Count/Duque before Garland.

Buehrle

Garcia

Schmidt

Garland

Contreras

Duque = good bullpen arm for the playoffs, if we make them

PS Schmidt has World Series experience.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
I think we all need to brace for at least two big roster moves that will leave us sad for what is lost but hopeful for what's to come. I'm glad I'm not a GM. To say "so long" to Uribe, a guy with a future, for a guy with no future, would be brutal. But hey, you have to keep your eye on the prize and this year has a chance to be special (this would also make his playmate Timo very dispensable). I just hope that whatever these moves are that they work out.

I can't see Kenny dealing Uribe, however I could see him making the move for Vizquel, moving Uribe into an ultra utility role where he spot starts for Vizquel, Guchi, and Crede down the stretch (he'll still get his ab's) and will also help all the other players stay fresh. Plus its a great weapon to have off the bench as well. Mix that with another ultimate role player in Ozuna (whose also fast as heck) and I like that type of versatility and it would also spell the end for Willie (but someone will definately have interest in him).

If the Sox acquire Omar, I think it would be a temporary move for this year with Juan once again becoming the starter the following year and Omar being shipped off in the offseason. Of course if I were the Giants I'd strongly consider an Uribe, Bmac, Sweeney offer for Schmidt and Omar. I just don't want to see Uribe go, he has so much stinking talent.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Of course if I were the Giants I'd strongly consider an Uribe, Bmac, Sweeney offer for Schmidt and Omar.  I just don't want to see Uribe go, he has so much stinking talent.

That's why I say we just need to bite the bullet and hope for the best -- believe me, these moves are going to sting.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
Imagine Garland in the pen in the Playoffs.  Do you understand how amazing that is?

Aw Hell no...I want him out there every 5th day...every 4th day even...and pitching 7 innings. The last thing I want is for him to end up underused.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
That's why I say we just need to bite the bullet and hope for the best -- believe me, these moves are going to sting.

Not to mention, a guy who has been helpful to us this 1st half is possibly gonna end up on a s***ty team and playing golf in Oct.

Oh well, this is a business.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Why would you want to be stuck with 2 more years on Omar's contract?

Vizquel is showing no signs of slowing down. And paired with Ozuna, who could start against most lefties, it would easily stretch out Vizquel's value for the 3 years on his deal.

This is a logical move if the Giants will take Contreras and Uribe as cornerstone pieces to the deal, and don't demand BMac (or Jenks).

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I'm beginning to like the idea of Schmidt, Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Count.

Thats just sick.

I realize i'm the only one here who realizes it's not 2003.....

But it's always nice to see so many people make the guy who would have an ERA well over 6 or 7 in our park as the Ace...

The key to trades is to not make our team worse... Schmidt does nothing for this rotation... Ohhh and did I mention it's not 2003... :headshake

...and I looked, he was never an ACE. He was a guy who had 4 decent fluke years out of a very long career...

Sorry but :puke

As for Vizquel.... HE WEAKEN'S OUR DEFENSE. THE VERY SLIGHT DIFFERENCE HE'D GIVE US IN OFFENSE AS OUR NUMBER 9 HITTER ISN'T WORTH IT. OZZIE WOULD BE A FOOL TO TAKE GOOCH OUT OF THE ROLE HE THRIVED SO MUCH IN!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Its just a rehash of the Southtown article. 

Espn's insider is a joke. You can find everything they say at ben maller basically. All they use is articles from around the country that hints at some team being interested in a player.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I realize i'm the only one here who realizes it's not 2003.....

But it's always nice to see so many people make the guy who would have an ERA well over 6 or 7 in our park as the Ace...

The key to trades is to not make our team worse... Schmidt does nothing for this rotation... Ohhh and did I mention it's not 2003... :headshake

...and I looked, he was never an ACE. He was a guy who had 4 decent fluke years out of a very long career...

Sorry but :puke

As for Vizquel.... HE WEAKEN'S OUR DEFENSE. THE VERY SLIGHT DIFFERENCE HE'D GIVE US IN OFFENSE AS OUR NUMBER 9 HITTER ISN'T WORTH IT. OZZIE WOULD BE A FOOL TO TAKE GOOCH OUT OF THE ROLE HE THRIVED SO MUCH IN!

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting 4 fluke years?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Well i'd be worried about a guy that only seemed to be successful with one team his entire career and had been mediocore with every other team he was with...

I'd be more worried about a guy who has a Juan Rincon style jump in performance all of a sudden when his fastball dramatically improves and suddenly he becomes a strikeout pitcher...

SO

97 136

98 158

99 148

00 51

01 142

02 196

03 208

04 251

Sudden jump in 2002 out of no where, and he goes from being a .500 pitcher to a near-20 game winning pitcher? I don't like the phrase "4 fluke years" better than anyone else...but come on...i'm not going to say the real word myself.

Edited by Balta1701

what i dont get is where would we put vizquel, my guess is that crede would be included or maybe willie, thats what i dont get, shouldnt take much to get schmidt

get schmidt and vizquel

give crede? mccarthy for sure, sweeney and marte

thats my proposal

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
what i dont get is where would we put vizquel, my guess is that crede would be included or maybe willie, thats what i dont get, shouldnt take much to get schmidt

get schmidt and vizquel

give crede? mccarthy for sure, sweeney and marte

thats my proposal

Uhh... huh.... So your saying 2 top prospects and one of the best lefty relievers in the game even in a suppar year to be given up for a weaker defensive SS with only slight offensive improvement as our #9 hitter and a pitcher that was mediocore till he went to the west coast and got introduced to Balco....

Excuse me while I :puke

There is no way in heck I take Vizquel no matter how cheap that let him go for because he weakens our defense and we'd be stuck with him three years. As for Schmidt the only trade I do for him is Joe Borchard straight up with ALOT of cash coming our way....

To give us the farm for him and make us a second place team in the process is just insane....

Edited by Jeckle2000

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Uhh... huh.... So your saying 2 top prospects and one of the best lefty relievers in the game even in a suppar year to be given up for a weaker defensive SS with only slight offensive improvement as our #9 hitter and a pitcher that was mediocore till he went to the west coast and got introduced to Balco....

Excuse me while I  :puke

There is no way in heck I take Vizquel no matter how cheap that let him go for because he weakens our defense and we'd be stuck with him three years. As for Schmidt the only trade I do for him is Joe Borchard straight up with ALOT of cash coming our way....

To give us the farm for him and make us a second place team in the process is just insane....

wtf u talking about vizquel is a good shortstop defenisvely, he has gold gloves uribe has none, go look it up

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
wtf u talking about vizquel is a good shortstop defenisvely, he has gold gloves uribe has none, good look it up

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Uribe young has range...Vizquel old losing range....

Unless the Vizquel trade comes with a fountain of youth clause.... no deal...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Uribe young has range...Vizquel old losing range....

Unless the Vizquel trade comes with a fountain of youth clause.... no deal...

never said were getting rid of uribe, if he has a good arm id rather have him at third, and then vizquel at short, it makes sense, but obviously not to your hollow skull

I'll stand on my position that I want NO PART of a trade for Vizquel and/or Schmidt. We have better options in house for BOTH of those players, and at fractions of the cost.

At this point in their careers, Uribe > Vizquel in terms of ability. Argue with me if you want, but I'm sorry, Uribe will be just fine.

Schmidt as of right now with his status is no better than Duque or The Count of 3 and 2.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
never said were getting rid of uribe, if he has a good arm id rather have him at third, and then vizquel at short, it makes sense, but obviously not to your hollow skull

If Vizquel was under a one year contract I would agree with you... but no way should be be stuck with him for 2 more years while he continues to decline. Not to mention I doubt he'd be happy as our #9 hitter and Ozzie would be insane to move Gooch down when he has done absolutely everything right in that role...

But of course i'm the one with the "hollow skull" :lol:

Guest JimH
Vizquel is showing no signs of slowing down.  And paired with Ozuna, who could start against most lefties, it would easily stretch out Vizquel's value for the 3 years on his deal. 

This is a logical move if the Giants will take Contreras and Uribe as cornerstone pieces to the deal, and don't demand BMac (or Jenks).

VA ... will you please do all of us a favor and stop banging the drum to trade Uribe.

Why? Because it isn't going to happen.

Please, stop.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
If Vizquel was under a one year contract I would agree with you... but no way should be be stuck with him for 2 more years while he continues to decline. Not to mention I doubt he'd be happy as our #9 hitter and Ozzie would be insane to move Gooch down when he has done absolutely everything right in that role...

But of course i'm the one with the "hollow skull" :lol:

vizquel would move down in the order to play for a winning team