Insider Info Please

soxfan3530

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Ohh so you've spoken to him...

He's a big name...with big names come big ego's. If I were you I wouldn't be so quick to just assume that.

everett isnt complaining about his playing time and he has a big ego ;)

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
have you heard him say anything about it to the public?  :huh

to prove me wrong

I never said Everett is complaining... However you can't judge what Vizquel will do based on what Everett did. Not to mention the fact that even if Vizquel didn't complain about batting down in the order the extra two years we'd be stuck with him is a deal breaker...

We absolutely should not trade Joe Crede, unless he's part of a deal for Chavez.

Vizquel is showing no signs of slowing down? Robbie Alomar was not showing those signs when the Mets traded for him, but that didn't work out so well.

Those two extra years on OV's contract scare me, too.

Guys id like Schmidt on our team as much as the next guy but I really dont see it happening. From all accounts by scouts he is only a good starter now not a great one and the asking price would be way high for him.

That being said I dont mind if we trade any prospects away for a proven ace, the only guy in our minors im really looking forward to is Brian Anderson... and possibly Chris Young but if his value is really high I could part with him.

I know this might not go well with you, but how about asking the Rangers about Kenny Rogers. He just had that incident and all but hey he is old and probably could use the 20 day rest. He also has been wanting a new contract that Texas wont give him and with him being old I dont think the asking price would be 2 high.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Guys id like Schmidt on our team as much as the next guy but I really dont see it happening.  From all accounts by scouts he is only a good starter now not a great one and the asking price would be way high for him.

That being said I dont mind if we trade any prospects away for a proven ace, the only guy in our minors im really looking forward to is Brian Anderson... and possibly Chris Young but if his value is really high I could part with him.

I know this might not go well with you, but how about asking the Rangers about Kenny Rogers.  He just had that incident and all but hey he is old and probably could use the 20 day rest.  He also has been wanting a new contract that Texas wont give him and with him being old I dont think the asking price would be 2 high.

That is thinking outside the box, and that's not a bad idea. The Rangers are like the sun, sinking slowly in the west. Rogers is 40, but I believe he signed a 2 year, $6 million contract before the season, so his salary is a bargain for the production he's getting. A couple of young arms might pry him away from Hart, even though he's more of an offense oriented GM.

[schmidt hasn't proven anything yet. He hasn't shown anything this year that would make me mortgage the future of our team. Crede if healthy is a solid 249 hitter the difference between 250 and 270 is about 2 hits he takes away way more than 2 hits as he fields his position. Unless we can get schmidt with a one player deal like KOnerko an everyday player for Schmidt I would say no. We can win our division easily with the personel we have in place. Timo excepted

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
[schmidt hasn't proven anything yet.  He hasn't shown anything this year that would make me mortgage the future of our team.  Crede if healthy is a solid 249 hitter the difference between 250 and 270 is about 2 hits he takes away way more than 2 hits as he fields his position.    Unless we can get schmidt with a one player deal like KOnerko an everyday player  for Schmidt I would say no.  We  can win our division easily with the personel we have in place. Timo excepted

its not like hes on the greatest team in the world right now, if we give him a lead hes gonna pitch better and he will be more motivated and determined, and keep in mind hes still in need of some rest after his stint on the DL

1. If the Sox go for Burnett I can see them packaging: McCarthy, Marte and a couple of pitching prospects.

2. If the Sox go for Schmidt/Vizquel I can see them packaging: Contreras, McCarthy, Uribe, Marte and a couple of pitching prospects.

If it was just for Schmidt only than it would be for McCarthy and Contreras only.

3. If the Sox go for Guardado- then I see Jenks and Adkins being shipped.

4. If the Sox go for Griffey Jr- LOL nobody wants Mr. Potato Chip Cracky Bones on our team. This isn't 1995 anymore people.

5. If the Sox go for Clemens- then Houston would want: Contreras, McCarthy, Sweeney/Anderson, and they'll prbably ask for Rowand too. And that alone will probably pull KW away from a blockbuster deal like this.

6. Saying the A's fall on there face right before th deadline and Zito goes into the market- I can see a package of McCarthy, Marte, and Jenks deal happening.

These are just speculation on my part. All these crazy rumors are driving me nuts. Personally i hope we dont change any postiong players all i want is one more top of the line starter- and 1 more solid reliever. I would love #1 the best. Would do you guys think?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
1. If the Sox go for Burnett I can see them packaging: McCarthy, Marte and a couple of pitching prospects.

2. If the Sox go for Schmidt/Vizquel I can see them packaging: Contreras, McCarthy, Uribe, Marte and a couple of pitching prospects.

If it was just for Schmidt only than it would be for McCarthy and Contreras only.

3. If the Sox go for Guardado- then I see Jenks and Adkins being shipped.

4. If the Sox go for Griffey Jr- LOL nobody wants Mr. Potato Chip Cracky Bones on our team. This isn't 1995 anymore people.

5. If the Sox go for Clemens- then Houston would want: Contreras, McCarthy, Sweeney/Anderson, and they'll prbably ask for Rowand too. And that alone will probably pull KW away from a blockbuster deal like this.

6. Saying the A's fall on there face right before th deadline and Zito goes into the market- I can see a package of McCarthy, Marte, and Jenks deal happening.

These are just speculation on my part. All these crazy rumors are driving me nuts. Personally i hope we dont change any postiong players all i want is one more top of the line starter- and 1 more solid reliever. I would love #1 the best. Would do you guys think?

If only we had 12 BMacs', 5 Bobby Jenks', 3 Jose Contreras', 4 Damaso Marte's, and 8 Sweeney/Andersons! Gawsh darnit!