Sutcliffe and Repsin just gushed about the Sox

Greg Hibbard

During the Orioles/Red Sox ESPN game

They talked all over two abs about how the Sox were the story of the year, basically ignoring the play-by-play

Both had Guillen as the manager of the year too.

I'd like to say I'm one of those cats who doesn't care what the national media thinks, but dammit, I do in some ways. And it was nice to see us getting some tick on another game.

We've gotten the shaft year after year, even in 2000, in terms of coverage and recognition. For me, part of this year (obviously not even close to the biggest part) is my "about damn time" year.

Funniest moment:

Repsin: "I like how Ozzie handled the Frank Thomas situation in a low-key manner"

uh, no Dave.

Sutcliffe immediately contradicted him by relating how Ozzie challanged Frank, but it was so smooth on the air you would've thought he was just adding to the thought

anyway, it was really cool to see

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Each league has their own reward.

What's the reward? I know the AWARD is a trophy and bragginf right for managers! ;)

Anyway, it is nice to see people FINALLY recognizing how truly talented and incredible this team is.

:gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
What's the reward? I know the AWARD is a trophy and bragginf right for managers!  ;)

Anyway, it is nice to see people FINALLY recognizing how truly talented and incredible this team is.

:gosox3:  :headbang

No, our team sucks and we need Jason Schmidt.

:canada

It was cool driving to mizzou for orientation we had the cardinals game on and when they were reading the scores of the day, the mentioned the sox and then went on to talk for about 5 minutes about how impressive they were...so while we aren't getting national press...don't think we aren't noticed..

btw...st. louis' radio announcers were great, i enjoyed listening to them.