Gammons

Soxfest

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Does "doing s***" mean putting up numbers like these for pitching:

Team ERA: 3.68

Team WHIP: 1.23

Team BAA: .246

Hell yeah they're a f***ing surprise.  I have no problem with them being on this list.  I figured that they were a team on the rise in 04, mostly on the strength of their up-and-coming position players.  But strangely enough, it has been their pitching that has them 7 games over .500

I don't watch BBTN, but at this point, they all gotta be acting like they know.  I can't imagine that they'd want to dwell on their terrible Sox predictions show after show after show.

Hammer head, by far my favorite signature yet. Nice work.

94 Frank, soon to be 2005 Frank (I can wish can't I?)

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:37 AM)
Man you need to stop being a worry wart.  Unless we suffer serious serious injuries like losing both Buehrle and Garland as well as like AJP and Thomas and maybe politte... we have it wrapped up.

I'm with Texsox on this one. I've seen way too much over the years to even entertain the thought that this thing is over.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
I'm with Texsox on this one.  I've seen way too much over the years to even entertain the thought that this thing is over.

You have to love the kids and their enthusiasm . . . :D

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
Live and learn.

Hopefully not this year. :)

I'm reminded everytime I put on my 1917 Sox Road Cap :huh:

We are more like Cub fans then we care to think about.

I'm starting to worry more about the Indians and their sorry-ass schedule in the second half. They have 24 games against the Royals & D-Rays in the second half.

The Twinkies have a much harder schedule (mostly due to the White Sox) than the Jndjans.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
Let the national media say what they want.  I look at the standings and that tells me all I need to know about the White Sox.

Honestly Sox Fans.

After all this time, does anything that f-in four letter network does anymore surprise us?

:bringit Let's just keep flying under the radar then.

And to quote Milk and Cheeses,

:finger ESPN, this is for you!!!

Didn't gammons just write an article no more than a week ago about his mid season baseball opinions, and he wrote (I'll try to find the article, it is a forum on the website though) that his two biggest surprises were THe Washington Nationals and the Chicago White Sox, this just showing the man has a memorary comprable to Ronald Reagan

QUOTE(GLOAD is GOD @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
Didn't gammons just write an article no more than a week ago about his mid season baseball opinions, and he wrote (I'll try to find the article, it is a forum on the website though) that his two biggest surprises were THe Washington Nationals and the Chicago White Sox, this just showing the man has a memorary comprable to Ronald Reagan

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :gosox3: :headbang

Gammons doesn't hide the fact that he hates the white sox, like others at ESPN. A couple of years ago when there was talk of doing away with a couple of franchises, namely the Expos and Twins, Gammons went on a rant about how great the Twins were and that maybe the league should consider doing away with the White Sox, given their low attendance, blah blah blah.

And keep in mind that fat f*** Chris Berman ripped Sox fans for booing Manuel and Cubs players during the All Star game at the cell.

who gives a s*** -- tools like them make it even more fun.

:headbang

These announcers/commentators are like the wind. You never know which direction they are going to blow and bow to. Gammons probably doesn't remember what place he picked the Sox to finish. Heh, we are the best team in baseball and I don't need Gammons to tell me that. Enjoy this season folks casue I sure am.