TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15

Texsox

Perez has nasty stuff. McClendon and Pittsburgh have done s*** for him. I think a change of scenerey where he is really wanted and supported would helo him a lot and propel him to the next level.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Perez has nasty stuff. McClendon and Pittsburgh have done s*** for him. I think a change of scenerey where he is really wanted and supported would helo him a lot and propel him to the next level.

Not only that but AL hitters havent seen his slider or slurve dont know what it is but its downright nasty and thats what he was last year down right nasty. Id kill to have Perez on our team where I think he could be a star.

Not only a change of scenery but being here would help especially since all the latin influence with Ozzie and the gang.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Not only a change of scenery but being here would help especially since all the latin influence with Ozzie and the gang.

just like the cuban influence has helped Contreras' control issues?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
just like the cuban influence has helped Contreras' control issues?

He has been a lot better than he has in years passed. And Perez is already ahead of where Contreras is... look at Perez last year. I think Contreras problem is in Cuba the guys would swing at balls and here not so much. Perez on the other hand is young and all of his professional career has been in the states so he can attack hitters.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
I do.

In fact, I posted it in the other trade thread.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=767963

I talked about Perez all last year :crying, I remeber in the offseason Ken Rosenthal had some trade rumor connecting Perez with us... That would of been awesome although I think Garland was involved :o

Also watching Perez reminds me that we arent the only ones who got ripped off by the pirates.... Perez and Bay for Giles :nono

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Wow, I guess we're building for the future now.  If you want a hothead who can't find the strike zone or stay healthy this year, you're crazy.  Yes, that deal might look good next year, but unfortunately, I would like the White Sox to try to win the World Series this year.  I don't want to build for the future.

PS you'll be watching basketball a lot sooner if we depend on Oliver Perez to be a contributor on this team; like say after the first round of the playoffs.

Wasn't Carl a hothead and AJ a "cancer" before they came to the southside?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
have you heard something I missed, or is this just a general comment?

No just reading the thread, there was a rumor earlier that the sox were looking at visquel and schmidt. Nothing imminent.

Perez is such a talent that no one knows about because of where he plays. At 100% and in a town lik Chicago that would embrace him AND with a pitching coach like Coop ANDa veteran like El Duque to help guide him, he would become a star.

Guest JimH

I bet now that nothing will happen until after the AS break. They have to do something with the Gload situation, they've apparantly been burning the midnite oil trying to figure out what to do.

Seems to me one move will lead to another.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I bet now that nothing will happen until after the AS break.  They have to do something with the Gload situation, they've apparantly been burning the midnite oil trying to figure out what to do.

Seems to me one move will lead to another.

well I don't think they need to over analyze this thing. Perez and harris both suck. can't be that hard.

Guys. Perez would love it here.

It's a long, long shot to happen but adding another lefty in our rotation would make it.

1. MB

2. Freddy

3. Jon

4. Oliver Perez

5. Jose

Do you guys understand the fact that everybody is below 30 except Jose?

Perez wants to win just as bad as the rest of the club and he'd get along so well in Chicago because he's such a competitor.

Ollie Perez is a fantastic talent. He's on two of my fantasy teams this year, so I've taken special interest in his struggles this year. He usually plays ball in the winter leagues during the offseason but did not do so last year at the request of the Pirates. Many believe that change in his "preseason" routine messed him up, so he started off the season pitching like he was going through extended spring training. He then reeled off a couple excellent starts. He then had a couple poor starts (one to the Yanks, who can blame him?), and he kicked something in the clubhouse and broke his toe. I dunno if he'd be able to help the team this year or not. But if he's available, get him anyway. He'd be valuable in some capacity.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Like Omars Career #'s  5 years past his prime are not selective?  :huh:

I just gave ESPN's career numbers for both guys vs those probably playoff teams.

As far as "past his prime", Omar's doing fine this year, like last year. And should be OK for 2006 as well.

Does anyone know anything about the list of teams Roger Clemens will accept trades to? I was sure it was only New York, but the Cardinals say that Clemens will accept a trade there as well as a few other teams. I wonder if the Sox are on that list ...