TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15

Texsox

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Funny how it goes, you talk up a guys passion and energy and then hours later he goes out and lays an egg and gets yanked for his lack of energy and desire. Some of the youngin's around here would say you just got pwned but since I don't know what that means I'll just go with the "Teaching moment".  :P  :P

looks like at least one columnist agrees with you. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...tscolumnist-hed

The sox aren't good enough to coast through games. Vets like Dye, AJ, Hermanson, Iguchi understand this. Hopefully all the sox young guys will as well

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:05 AM)
Yes and have you watched Inge play except for the games he has played us?  Before you asked it back I have.  Crede is a solid glove at 3B but he overated defensively on this message board so much.

Conversely, I think Crede is drastically underrated on this message board.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
Conversely, I think Crede is drastically underrated on this message board.

There are definitely two camps around here when it comes to Crede, though some seems to be a reaction to all the Crede hate that has flowed.

After Ozzie benched Uribe last night for failing to run out a fly ball in the corner, does anyone there think that makes it more likely that Uribe will be shipped to SF as part of a deal for Vizquel (and possibly Schmidt)?

Assuming the SFG will not continue to think they can still contend I think Uribe may have given Ozzie & Kenny a new incentive for getting Vizquel from the Giants. Ozzie was most displeased with Uribe's failure to run it out last night.

Of course any trade for Vizquel is likely linked to Schmidt as well.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Guys.  Ozzie has talked to Uribe, I'm sure.

IF you think they'll trade for Vizquel just because Juan didnt run out one fly ball, you're an idiot.

Carlos Lee?

And I don't think anyone said that Uribe would be traded just because he didn't run out a fly ball. He'd be traded because he's not producing, and this incident would give them more reason to go through with a trade. If you can't read what people wrote, you're an idiot.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
The fact that we could still get Dunn makes me happy. But it would create a logjam in the OF unless of course we trade PK and place Dunn at 1st. Who would we give up for Dunn???

B-mac, one of Anderson/Sweeney/Young, and probably somebody from the major league roster.

Just please don't trade Young. :pray

Carlos Lee?

And I don't think anyone said that Uribe would be traded just because he didn't run out a fly ball.  He'd be traded because he's not producing, and this incident would give them more reason to go through with a trade.  If you can't read what people wrote, you're an idiot.

In the grand scheme of things, this is as unimportant as it gets. Of course, it'll get blown way outta proportion.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
The main difference between Dunn and Borchard is that Dunn actually hits the ball.

This is true. Even jokingly comparing Dunn to Borch is a sin. :headshake

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
We arent gettting Dunn.  That dudes untouchable.

No -- he's "touchable".

The organization and he haven't gotten along well, from them taking out his and Griffey's clubhouse 'massage' chairs without notice, to them releasing Danny Graves (and demoting Austin Kearns), to them taking down his jersey dedicated to Graves once he was released.

That's not to say he'll be a White Sock, that's wishful thinking on my part. But I doubt he's a Red heading into 2006.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
JR just said on AM1000  that if KW wanted someone he couldn't imagine money being a problem.

What if KW wants to add Manny Ramirez and A-Rod to our team. Also RJ for that pitcher we all need.

Here's what you have to ask. What is the achille's heal if you will on this White Sox team? A .261 team batting average. 11th in AL. The team's strengths are pitching, defense, speed, & power hitting (yes believe it or not it's true). This team ranks in the upper half in the AL in all 4.

So any midseason trade needs to address that big weakness. When you look at the lineup you have to consider the impact on defense & speed with a change.

Uribe though he is slumping is still signed to reasonable $ for 3 yrs. He can play 2B, SS, & 3B. He arguably has one the best arms for a middle IF in the game today. You don't trade that talent. Especially when Crede is suffering back spasms for an unknown reason.

Ozuna may have been there for the White Sox all year but never day in & day out. What we've seen this week with Crede out is that he is a defensive liability when he's asked to be an everyday player.

3B options:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/battin...in=17&ageMax=51

Randa, Hillenbrand

Randa: VS. LEFT: .289 / .842 VS. RIGHT: .306 / .886 HOME: .298 / .892 AWAY: .304 / .853 (a near .300 or better hitter in the Pos since 03)

Hillenbrand: VS. LEFT: .314 / .824 VS. RIGHT: .293 / .798 HOME: .283 / .789 AWAY: .311 / .816 (A consistent drop in the Pos 3 yrs straight)

SS options:

Lopez (cheap SH - no way they trade him), Vizquel, Lugo, Rollins

Vizquel: VS. LEFT: .247 / .670 VS. RIGHT: .323 / .783 HOME: .267 / .684 AWAY: .336 / .821 - Too good to pass up.

Lugo: VS. LEFT: .275 / .668 VS. RIGHT: .285 / .714 HOME: .274 / .692 AWAY: .289 / .707 - more balanced but less upside.

Rollins: VS. LEFT: .267 / .608 VS. RIGHT: .270 / .739 HOME: .275 / .735 AWAY: .263 / .667 - the best is yet to come (04 Pre .710 OPS, Pos .905 OPS, Jun .801 OPS)

The White Sox as a team: VS. LH: .296/.831, VS. RH: .247/.707

Randa & Vizquel are far & away the best options to what ails the White Sox. But Randa is going to cost much more in talent than Vizquel will.

Randa is cheap for his production & it makes no sense for Cincy to move

him unless a team is willing to overpay. Vizquel is expensive in money terms & will command less in talent.

Uribe 05: VS. LEFT: .348 / .976 VS. RIGHT: .212 / .545 HOME: .213 / .590 AWAY: .281 / .730

Crede 05: VS. LEFT: .281 / .801 VS. RIGHT: .232 / .703 HOME: .188 / .612 AWAY: .295 / .836

I'd prefer Vizquel because 1) the cost in talent will be much lower, 2) his weakness is Uribe's strength, 3) Crede is playing such great defense that I think he could make any SS shine right now.

It will be much easier for Ozzie to make an argument for benching Vizquel vs LHers than for him to bench Randa in any matchup. Uribe's in the dog house now which means psychologically it's the right time to move him into a matchup role.

I think we need a solid bat vs RH more than another arm.