A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
What a pathetic letdown tonight.

9 game lead. Probably 8 going into the ASG. The wheels are falling off this team.

You my friend are not a sox fan.

Fathom is more positive than you.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)

9 game lead. Probably 8 going into the ASG. The wheels are falling off this team.

Come on folks. Lets not over-react. Oakland has our number and the Twins have a very tough schedule after the break.

I think we should send down widger and bring up burke. Widger has cooled of alot his last few times out. Ozuna has got to field those balls at third. Buehrle is a good pitcher but he should be able to shut down the other team to keep his team in the game. He is thinking too much out there and I would like to have a solidified ace on this team. I dont see Buerhle as an ace, he's pretty good and he's had his streak of like 30 games of going into the 6th inning but I dont think he dominates hitters like an ace.

A-Row is starting to stink it up. I hope last year wasnt a fluke cause he has to be a reliable rbi guy for this team.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)

Visit my nightmare scenario I've mentioned a few times the last two nights. We're putting ourselves in a position to blow a lot of the momentum we had going this season. The wheels aren't falling off, but a lot of games against Tampa and KC lately have hid some of the problems we have, especially on offensive end.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
I think we should send down widger and bring up burke.  Widger has cooled of alot his last few times out.  Ozuna has got to field those balls at third.  Buehrle is a good pitcher but he should be able to shut down the other team to keep his team in the game.  He is thinking too much out there and I would like to have a solidified ace on this team.  I dont see Buerhle as an ace, he's pretty good and he's had his streak of like 30 games of going into the 6th inning but I dont think he dominates hitters like an ace.

A-Row is starting to stink it up.  I hope last year wasnt a fluke cause he has to be a reliable rbi guy for this team.

A-Row has had 1 good year Period he got his money so he will just show up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Jenks faced a couple of minor league players in that game, which helped him find a rhythm.

One of those so-called "minor leaguers" that you speak of hit a game winning two run homer off Troy Percival tonight to beat the Tigers.

Just thought I'd give you the report.