GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
He should start for another team if he's that great.  There's a reason why he's not starting for another team though ... he's not that good.  Neither is Ozuna, that's why he's not a starter. 

One of the key attributes you need from your subs with speed is the ability to get a sacrifice bunt down in a key situation, or at the very least put the ball in play.  Willie Harris seems to lack that skill.  He is a bad fit for this team, he should be playing regularly, either for a cellar dweller team or in AAA.

Ozuna > willie is obviously meant to pertain to THIS team, THIS season. Why would any of us care if willie can be an All-Star on another team??? That's a silly argument, especially when you consider how well this playing and what we can possibly accomplish this year...

Ozuna has shown more value on the field for the Sox this season than willie has. It really is obvious for any Sox fan, minus the willie-blowers, who has been watching the games. Therefore, Ozuna > willie.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
all i can say is thank god were done with oakland and thank god it's the all star break

I feel exactly the opposite. Whenever the Sox lose, I can't wait for them to play again so I can forget about the previous loss. Now, not only did we get swept but we won't be able to get another win for the next 4 days.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Ozuna has shown more value on the field for the Sox this season than willie has.  It really is obvious for any Sox fan, minus the willie-blowers, who has been watching the games.  Therefore, Ozuna > willie.

Yeah Ozuna was really sweet today at 3rd.

How that botchery in teh 1st wasn't a webgem I do not know.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
ouch...glad i didn't see any of the oakland series...actually i knew better anyway...the only time i enjoyed watching oakland was when they were swept by the reds!  does anyone have a good memory against the A's?

When Butter Parque got schillacked gainst them in Oakland...

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
I can't believe people are actually suggesting that Ozuna is better than Willie.

He can't draw a walk, he can't hit the ball to the wall, he doesn't have the speed Willie does, nor the range everywhere.  There is a reason this guy is 30 and has not even been close to seeing the majors in a few years.

He is a decent ballplayer...gets a few hits when you need him to, plays decent D, and has decent speed - all great aspects for a good backup player.  Willie, on the other hand, is streaky, but gets much more hits, has a little bit of power, has better speed, can draw a walk, and plays outstanding defense at 2B.  I can almost guarantee that Willie Harris is a starter somewhere at some point in his career.  Scouts, GMs, and coaches will be too intriguied by his defense, speed, and plate abilities to deny him the chance.

I was sweating at that game today in 'Sun N Fun" Section 145 Willie failed to execute a bunt in extra innings (let's face it...he can't bunt) athough -- to his credit -- he threw a strike from SS to the plate to nail a runner.

Willie doesn't have what it takes to win. Raw talent, undisciplined, and incapable of delivering.

If someone sees value in Willie, let's strike a deal and get someone we can build with!

SadChiSoxFanOptimist