GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Tadahito just scalded that ball.  Anyone else agree that he's our best hitter against real good pitching?

Iguchi is weird like that. Against some tough pitchers, he looks great. Then, he looks awful against other top pitchers. It all matters what type of pitches that pitcher throws. A RHP with a good slider will eat Iguchi alive.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
What happened on the Kendall hit in the first inning, I did not see it?  i notice Ozuna was not charged with an error.

It was a bouncer where he should have charged it, he kept backing up and the ball just ate him up. Could have easily been an error.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
What happened on the Kendall hit in the first inning, I did not see it?  i notice Ozuna was not charged with an error.

Chopper down the line that Ozuna backed up to get, and got his feet all tangled up. Ball got past him, and down the line for a double. At worst, he should have been able to hold Kendall to an infield single.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)

Chopper right down the line and he let the ball play him, stabbed at it, and missed it bad!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
PK's bat speed is non-existent right now.

Isn't today the day that Ozzie decides whether it's Timo/Harris who goes down?

As much as I'll be dissappointed when/if Harris goes down, I'll be ten times as happy that Gload is back up. He needs to be spelling PK at least twice a week.

Holy s***, I could've scored from 2nd base on that one, he must have gotten the worst jump of all time. It was an accurate throw, but still.