GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Ozuna has been exposed.  He's playing too often, and you can see him wearing down.  If there's any chance Crede's back injury will linger into the 2nd half, we need to acquire a back-up 3b immediately.

Have we ever seen Gload at 3rd?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Ozuna has been exposed.  He's playing too often, and you can see him wearing down.  If there's any chance Crede's back injury will linger into the 2nd half, we need to acquire a back-up 3b immediately.

Or acquire Vizquel and more Uribe to 3rd!!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
You watching the game...The Twins IF has been amazing so far!!

No, just following it on the tracker. No surprise about their good defense....I can guarantee you that if they had someone like Ozuna who has embarrassed himself at a position, they wouldn't put them back out on the field at that position.

My nightmare scenario for this wknd was way too close to happening. Anyone else feel like we're losing a lot of our momentum? Barring a comeback, we're going to get swept with our 3 best pitchers going this wknd at home. And please spare me the record reason for why we have momentum....I know exactly what our record is and place in the standings....which doesn't mean anything because there's still a ton of games left this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
My nightmare scenario for this wknd was way too close to happening.  Anyone else feel like we're losing a lot of our momentum?  Barring a comeback, we're going to get swept with our 3 best pitchers going this wknd at home.  And please spare me the record reason for why we have momentum....I know exactly what our record is and place in the standings....which doesn't mean anything because there's still a ton of games left this year.

We've had bad stretches of a few games before and come out strong...the first time we left Oakland we came home and was spanked by the Tigers, El Duque won the next game and started an 8 game winning streak.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
My nightmare scenario for this wknd was way too close to happening.  Anyone else feel like we're losing a lot of our momentum?  Barring a comeback, we're going to get swept with our 3 best pitchers going this wknd at home.  And please spare me the record reason for why we have momentum....I know exactly what our record is and place in the standings....which doesn't mean anything because there's still a ton of games left this year.

A possible 3 game losing streak doesnt scare me so much. The A's have had the Sox number for a long time, this is no different. If they get swept, then the All-star break couldnt come at a better time. Im not going to call the first half a fluke because of the last 3 games.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
We've had bad stretches of a few games before and come out strong...the first time we left Oakland we came home and was spanked by the Tigers, El Duque won the next game and started an 8 game winning streak.

I know, each time this season where I thought we were going to go on a poor run, they ended up having a great run in them. Just would have liked to have that momentum going into the ASB, especially with a very tough 4 game series at Cleveland coming up. f*** it though, lets just win this game.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Ever since Arow got into this funk, the one thing i've noticed is that he has been over the top of almost everything other than the really high stuff.  It's like he just can't get his bat to go down.

He's been fouling off a ton of pitches to the right side. His numbers against RHP are really poor this season. At least he's been clutch.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
Ever since Arow got into this funk, the one thing i've noticed is that he has been over the top of almost everything other than the really high stuff.  It's like he just can't get his bat to go down.

He is flying out too quick trying to pull the ball. I think this homerun talk has gotten into his head, and he is trying to hit more homeruns.