GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
I get a bit tired of Freddies inconsistency. He can be great for several games and then it's like he just doesn't shw the effort. 4 runs in 4 innings today plus 2 HR's allowed is not what we need against Oakland. The guy has so much talent he should be blowing these guys away.

Garcia always struggles when he relies on his offspeed pitches too much. This is vintage April/May Garcia from this year, where every time he got hurt, it was on an offspeed pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Garcia always struggles when he relies on his offspeed pitches too much.  This is vintage April/May Garcia from this year, where every time he got hurt, it was on an offspeed pitch.

I think you are exactly right in the analysis. Freddie has great stuff and is most effective when using the fastball and coming back with a curve or sinker. He satrts to rely on slow stuff and gets hammered.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
I think you are exactly right in the analysis. Freddie has great stuff and is most effective when using the fastball and coming back with a curve or sinker. He satrts to rely on slow stuff and gets hammered.

It's amazing to me how infrequently Garcia throws his fastball by hitters with 2 strikes. He always tries to get hitters out with an offspeed pitch, but the other hitters are looking for those pitches. He has a very good tailing fastball he can use inside against lefty hitters, but rarely uses it.

2-0 count, and Frank takes a get me over fastball for a strike...and then swings at a nasty forkball. Not quite sure I like that way of thinking with the way he hits now. If Frank is going to try and hit for power every AB, he should be working the count in order to get that 2-0 fastball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
2 hits today for Konerko, that's one dramatic improvement.

Can anyone remember the last time Paulie hit a home run?  I serioulsy can't

BOOM!

I think he hit one in Detroit in the 2nd game.