Hell of a 1st half....

greasywheels121

Sorry for my not deciding to be such a downer, but I still can't get over what the Sox have done in the first half.

I just kind of want to make this a little congratulatory thread of what the Sox have done up to this point.

Not one of us could have fathomed us at being 57-29 at the ASB and having a 9 game lead on Minnesota, giving us the best record in baseball.

The pitching's just been stellar, both the rotation and bullpen. A lot of the new guys have played some very important and successful roles in the success of this ballclub: Pods, Iguchi, Dye, Pierzynski, Hermanson, etc.

Here's hoping the Sox don't stop here!

:gosox1: :cheers :gosox1:

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

If someone before the season would have told me we'd be 9 games up at the break, with no season-ending injuries, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. Thus, I'll join in this congratulatory thread about the Sox first half of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
If someone before the season would have told me we'd be 9 games up at the break, with no season-ending injuries, I would have taken that in a heartbeat.  Thus, I'll join in this congratulatory thread about the Sox first half of the season.

::Faints::

I'm sorry I had to.... :P

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
::Faints::

I'm sorry I had to.... :P

I know, I probably surprised some people. The one thing I never want anyone to question is that I'm a Sox fan. Just cause I criticize them, doesn't mean I don't root for them. If I didn't care, then I would never nitpick the way I do.

nice post geez guys lighten up a little bit...hell who wudda thunk that we'd have the best record in the bigs with nearly a double digit lead over the twins at the break?! this team will be fine the A'ss have our # every team has someone that pwns them...no big deal gotta keep playin and pitching well hopefully to an AL Central crown

The one thing I don't want to see the Sox do in the 2nd half though is use their record as a reason to not make any changes. It scares me when I hear KW and Ozzie make comments about how they don't want to mess up the team chemistry. If we catch all the breaks we did in the first half, in the second half of the season, then we'll have no problem making the playoffs. However, in previous years, it was the Twins who were the lucky second half team.

Congrats to the team at the half.

Don't get satisfied with where you are.

There is still a lot of baseball to play.

And to the following guys, you need to pick it up in the second half:

El Duque, Marte, Contreras, Shingo, Vizcaino

Great start of course. I would have never imagined being the best team in baseball. Good job by KW and Ozzie changing the players on our team.

I still trust Shingo and I believe he will turn it around. Cuban pitchers and Marte better step it up. Uribe, Crede, Arow needs to play a lot better. KW will get us additional pitchers to help our rotation and bullpen. Our hitters need to walk more and make opposing pitchers work harder.

:cheers Greasy, I'm so glad you started this thread. This was a great first half from a great team. 9 games up in the division, wow just wow. It's been unbelieveable guys, I don't expect to see a let down in the 2nd half either, this is a great team. I gotta find a way to survive these next 3 days though, gonna be tough.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Sorry for my not deciding to be such a downer, but I still can't get over what the Sox have done in the first half.

I just kind of want to make this a little congratulatory thread of what the Sox have done up to this point.

Not one of us could have fathomed us at being 57-29 at the ASB and having a 9 game lead on Minnesota, giving us the best record in baseball. 

The pitching's just been stellar, both the rotation and bullpen.  A lot of the new guys have played some very important and successful roles in the success of this ballclub:  Pods, Iguchi, Dye, Pierzynski, Hermanson, etc.

Here's hoping the Sox don't stop here!

:gosox1: :cheers :gosox1:

:gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:

The ride has been fun so far and hopefully it stays that way :cheers

So, do we have a better 2nd half? 7 of our 29 losses have been against Oakland. No more Oakland the rest of the way through, so i'm really looking forward to a ) trade deadline and b ) playoffs (although not the first round, I hate how the first round is set up).

Edited by SHAFTR

White Sox, f*** YEA!!!! :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Damn this has been an incredible half season of baseball. It has been so incredible to see the Sox come together and have just about every player on the team contribute directly to the success level here.

Now let's go guys and finish it!!! :fight

How good has this team been so far?

They've had the lead in an astonishing 77 of 86 games played.

They've been in first place since the first day of the season.

They're a league best 22-9 in one run games.

They're a league best 27-14 on the road.

They were the first team to 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 wins on the season.

It's been an amazing first half from these guys. Here's to a similiar run in the second half that would lead to our first playoff apperance since 2000. :cheers

Man, I just hope that the success from the 1st half can transfer to the 2nd half. Here are a couple of guys that I would like for them to improve offensively:

Konerko, AJ, Uribe, Crede of course, and Rowand.

AJ has been spectacular as the catcher but not as good offensively. Yes, he has delivered some memorable clutch hits, but the man is a career .290 hitter and I believe he is batting right around .250 as of now. He’ll heat up though. I know he will.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
No one ever expected the White Sox to have the best record in all of baseball. What a great first half, if we play .600 baseball the rest of the way, we'll get in the playoffs for the first time in five years.

If we played .500 ball the rest of the way, we're in. I'm not saying I want us to play .500 ball. We've got 76 games remaining. If we were to go .500 in those games, we would end up with 95 wins. That total would undoubtedly get us atleast a wildcard spot. But, of course, I'd rather us win the division.

I feel so special being able to witness this magical season 1st hand. I finaally realized that we have something special here on the South Side and that this could propel us in the future. 57-29, 1st place, 9 games up and 4 All-Stars with 1 being the starting pitcher! It all sounds too good to be true. Sit back, relax, and strap it down....the Sox are coming! :headbang :headbang :headbang :gosox3: