NCAA 2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
i cant wait!!!!!! I Will bring the Illini a national championship,after i win hesiman! on RFTH,only a few more hours :headbang

ILLINI!!!!!!!! It sounds weird hearing Illini football and championship in the same sentence, national championship of course

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
I'll be picking up this game this morning. Summer boredom no more.

Thoughts, comments, game stories...let's hear 'em.

about time you start posting again

bum

I've only played one game so far but here's my early take on it:

-Race for the Heisman: cool idea, and i've chosen to be a CB because any offensive position would be rather easy to win the heisman with. Once I get my rosters though, I'll probably play dynasty more since RFTH doesn't let you recruit.

-Gameplay: Think '04. I just played my first game on All-American and i beat Pitt 56-3 (default quarter length), so I think it's safe to say the offense got juiced up this year. However, defense is still fun. Sacks don't come as easily as they used to, but the Hit Stick is always a pleasure. Xbox controls are a bit awkward, but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

-Graphics and Such: Not Madden good, but damn good. Frame rate is nice, I haven't seen any slowdown yet. Xbox load times are nice, not too long at all. More along the lines of '05 graphics without all the slowness.

This game is really well done. I'm not immediately disappointed like I was last year, and I'm very critical of NCAA games (it's my favorite line in the the EA sports series). Early signs point to EA recognizing the problems of last year and addressing them, not just churning out a new game with new features.

The only thing that has bothered me is friggin' Desmond Howard on the cover...

But I've already fixed that :lol:

I played with it for about an hour so far. Will be doing much more for the next few.

Here's my take:

Gameplay is GREATLY improved. Everything is alot smoother, alot faster, alot prettier, and a hella lot more fun.

The menus are about 10000x better than last year. I know, seems like a small thing, but a slow clunky menu (like last years) can really get on your nerves when your recrutiing and the such.

I simmed a year in dynasty, the in-season recruiting is very cool. I was able to nab 3 4 star prospects. Invited them to the PSU game and we won handily, which helped me grab 2 of them.

The heisman mode is very cool, just one gripe. They automatically put you in the starting role, no matter who should be in front of you. For me, i'm going to go the realistic way and change the depth chart every game so i have the best guy playing.

Overall..........this game's going to be ALOT of fun.

quick note:

i'm oklahoma playing florida @ florida.

My reciever scores a touchdown, i press R2+square (celebration trigger)

and he mocks the crowd by doing "the chomp" (that stupid gator clap thing)

how cool

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
quick note:

i'm oklahoma playing florida @ florida.

My reciever scores a touchdown, i press R2+square (celebration trigger)

and he mocks the crowd by doing "the chomp" (that stupid gator clap thing)

how cool

That is awesome.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
After being offered scholarships by USC, Texas, and michigan.

S. Liccar, the quick QB decided to go to Illinois where he was promised a starting job by Coach Zook.

Hope you dont get suspended Twice ;)

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Ok i am doing my RFTH heisman with ASU with a QB but i wanna get my back some carries but he has fumbled 3 times in 1 game to temple!!! every time there impact player is in the zone i fumble,anyone else fumbling a lot?

i am northwestern and i fumbled 5 times against ohio in the opener, i thought it was going to be a major glitch but i havent fumbled since

well after fooling around w/ the heisman mode all day i finally found a situation i like.

I started out as a 84 HB and went to tennesee on scholarship. I'm playign behind riggs, who is a monster, but also a senior. So i'll be the starter next year. In my first game i blew out UAB, so i put myself in for the 4th quarter, ganing 100 yards and 2 TD's.

I do like the realism this year, like how really bad mismatches turn into really big blowouts, just based on the speed/skill of the players involved. Since college football is so much more about skill than the NFL is.

Ok i am doing my RFTH heisman with ASU with a QB but i wanna get my back some carries but he has fumbled 3 times in 1 game to temple!!! every time there impact player is in the zone i fumble,anyone else fumbling a lot?

relax man, I created a scrambling QB and went to Kansas State and I fumbled twice and threw an interception and got booed the entire game.. I kept it on the option, turned the corner and their Impact Player safety hit sticked me, the scene went in close, then backed out.. I got flat lined and the ball went flying.. in RFTH your player is gonna make some mistakes to start i believe its from being a true freshman and having no composure..

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
Whats all your feeling towards no Turbo,at first i didnt like it,but im starting to get used to it,i will like it more and more,what do u all think?

what?