NCAA 2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a dynasty going on All American with NIU... opened up the season with a 15-20 loss vs. Michigan at the Big House, then beat Northwestern handlily, 41-14 I think. My thrid game was against Tenessee Tech, and they could not compete, 77-13 win, starters only played the first half. Next I kick off MAC Conference play vs Akron. hardest team left on my schedule is @ Toledo week 13, which will probably be for a spot in the MAC championship.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
I'm not up to Michigan yet, I just waxed Wisconsin. Their starting RB was out, otherwise I think I would have had problems with their running game. Penn State got one or two big runs on me. I'm definitely worried about what Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State are going to do with me. My passing is very inconsistent, and my outside running probably isn't going to work as well against them (Penn State was the only one that slowed me down so far). I'm getting better throwing the ball but it still isn't there. I usually try to throw screen passes and some short crossing routes to try to get Basanez in the zone, then try to hit on a fly pattern. The deep balls are pretty sporadic, I either get none in a game or a ton, and when I don't get some deep balls I can't consistently hit on the short ones enough to put up good numbers.

The game definitely seems harder than usual on All-American. I used to absolutely dominate everyone at least 40-10 on the older games, now my offense isn't as consistent. My guess is in another week I'll figure out all the money plays again, but we'll see.

iowa sucked against me i beat them 49-7, and the only reason the scored is because they ran back a fumble. ohio state was a tight game but i ended up winning. you also mentioned that jordan got suspended for a bar fight, the exact same thing happened to me i had to bench him for the illinois game

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
iowa sucked against me i beat them 49-7, and the only reason the scored is because they ran back a fumble.  ohio state was a tight game but i ended up winning.  you also mentioned that jordan got suspended for a bar fight, the exact same thing happened to me i had to bench him for the illinois game

I finished finally finished out the season. I was really pissed after losing a shootout to Michigan State. The final was 28-21, and neither of us could stop the other. The difference was my turnovers, and I don't accept responsibility for any of them. The first was right after an interception, when my cornerback fumbled the ball trying to return it. The second came with under a minute to go in the first half, when a ball that was tipped by my RB was picked off (the comp seems to have these a lot more than me). That led to a TD right before the half since they only had to go about 30 yards. The last one was the killer. I was moving the ball, and I had it in the red zone with under a minute to go and going for the tie. I hate passing inside the 10 because my success rate is pretty low, so after a couple of big passes I ran it off tackle. My RB coughed it up on about the 6 and MSU recovered. I then blew out Michigan and Iowa 49-10 and 52-7 respectively. To be fair, Michigan was missing several key players (Hart, Avant, Woods). Ohio State was having a rough year (4-5 going into the game), but they still gave me a decent game in Colombus. I didn't bother playing Illinois, I just simmed it and won. I took down Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl. I miss Loren Howard already. That guy is an absolute beast at LE. He finished with 47 tackles, 14 sacks, 3 FF, 5 FR, 1 INT and a touchdown.

I'm still trying to figure out how they determine the impact players after the first year in a dynasty. All three of my guys graduated, and it looks like I only have two impact players now (an 84 receiver and a 90 SS). For some reason my 86 ROLB linebacker and 88 FS aren't impact players (all four are seniors). I can already guess my future ones, I got an 86 LOLB, an 84 SS, and an 80 WR in recruiting :P .

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Recruiting is more challenging this year, definetly a good thing.

I'm not so sure. After one good year (11-1) with NU, I got the #1 class with 7 five stars and 16 four stars, and I had about 6 four stars commit during the season. That shouldn't happen.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
I'm not so sure. After one good year (11-1) with NU, I got the #1 class with 7 five stars and 16 four stars, and I had about 6 four stars commit during the season. That shouldn't happen.

same, i am northwestern same record, big ten and fiesta bowl champs, i got 8 5star recruits the next best was oklahoma with 3

PLAYMAKERS UPDATED CLASSIC ALL-AMERICAN LEVEL SLIDERS.

Current as of 3:30am

FINAL VERSION-IMPROVES ALL GAMEPLAY ASPECTS.

07/17/05-These Sliders have been updated to provide the best gameplay on both sides of the ball. Please review comments listed beside each slider. They provide important gameplay explanations.

IMPACT PLAYERS WILL RULE-I finally have a winner here with these sliders

ALL SLIDERS HAVE BEEN REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP. THESE SLIDERS PROVIDE THE ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY CHALLENGE FOR ALL LEVELS. THERE IS NO LONGER A REASON FOR ANY OTHERS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU THOUGHT ANY OF MY PREVIOUS SLIDERS WERE GOOD THEN WAITE UNTIL YOU GET A LOAD OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED FINAL VERSION. THEY ARE AS FLUID AND REALISTIC AS ANY PREVIOUS VERSION I HAVE CREATED. NEW ENHANCED RUNNING GAME, QB PLAY, DL/OL BATTLES, SECONDARY IMPROVEMENT THAT MAKES YOUR SHUTDOWN CORNERS EVEN BETTER.

OFFENSE-Notes I highly reccomend the 20/45 QB ACC setting

HUMAN/CPU

QB ACC-20/45........(The Maximum highest setting for Hum/CPU is 25/50)

PASS BLK-50/70......(Evens out Physical abilities of OL to hold up.)

WR CATCH-40/50....(50 should be the highest setting for Human play)

RB ABLTY-20/50......(At 20 it is the best RB/RUN BLK combination U will find)

RUN BLK-40/65.......(This setting for CPU keeps Pancakes at realistic amount)

DEFENSE NOTES-NOW TOP SECONDARY'S AND DL WILL REALLY SHINE

HUMAN/CPU

AWR-35/60..........(This is the actual player AWR setting that evens out play)

KNDWS-80/90.......(Helps to reduce the deep ball completion rate)

INT-20/30.............(Set Low to balance out low QB ACC slider)

BRK BLK-50/90......(Helps to keep both lines even) )

TKL-25/90........... (Speedy type LB's will seek and destroy)

SPECIAL TEAMS SLIDERS

FGL-25/50

FGA-50/25

PNTL-25/50

PNTA-50/25

KOL-25/45

I DON'T POST CODES ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY GET SCREWED UP.

BY THE TIME YOU GET DONE USING THESE IN YOUR DYNASTY YOU WILL BE AFTER EVERY IMPACT PLAYER YOU CAN GET. THEY STAND OUT ALONE.

MOBILE QB'S LIKE VINCENT, SHOCKLEY, BALL AND JACOBS WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU RECRUIT YOUR QB'S. THAT ADDED DEMINISION THEY HAVE WILL LEAVE YOU IN AWE ONCE YOU SEE ONE OF THEM TAKE OFF ON YOUR AZZ.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
How do you make the QB scramble???

Hold down A for X-Box. For PS2, I assume it's X. Or whatever the bottom button is on the little diamond of four buttons.

Can anyone suggest a playbook? I'm fed up with Northwestern's "just about everything is shotgun" offense, and I'm looking for a new one. Preferably one with some lots of option plays.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Hold down A for X-Box.  For PS2, I assume it's X.  Or whatever the bottom button is on the little diamond of four buttons.

Can anyone suggest a playbook?  I'm fed up with Northwestern's "just about everything is shotgun" offense, and I'm looking for a new one.  Preferably one with some lots of option plays.

i really odn't like illinois.

so many of the passing routes are crazy. Way too many twists and turns

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Hold down A for X-Box.  For PS2, I assume it's X.  Or whatever the bottom button is on the little diamond of four buttons.

Can anyone suggest a playbook?  I'm fed up with Northwestern's "just about everything is shotgun" offense, and I'm looking for a new one.  Preferably one with some lots of option plays.

My best advice is to go into practice mode and check out all the formations. Find the ones you want, then customize your own playbook to best suit your team. I don't think you can beat that.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
Uhh.. how did u get 29 scholarships available?

Your math is off, 7+16=23. As for NU's playbook, it is definitely frustrating at times. It's hard to run consistently because of all or the multi-receiver sets. I can get some big runs, but only on a few plays. Ace twins halfback slam and shotgun off tackle usually work well, but not against some better teams, and the occasional option works. I'm thinking of switching to USC's playbook, I know their real team runs some I-form as well as the multi-WR sets.

I'm going to kick it up to heisman difficulty and restart my dynasty, adjusting sliders as necessary. I'm blowing people out, even in the second year of the dynasty with a 78 QB and an 80 RB. I beat Illinois like 42-7, and they were definitely better than me. I'm gonna miss my team though, I had a freshman outside linebacker who was already an 88 impact player after 3 games :crying.

Im gonna try your sliders Soxnbears because I am doing a dynasty with Baylor right now and after 3 games im 3-0 and here is the tale of the tape..

defeated SMU 26-23 (Close game, was fun)

defeated Samford 77-21 (Destroyed them)

defeated Army 48-45 (They tore my defense apart)

I have one of the worst defenses but my offense is solid.. Hopefully using those sliders will improve the overall effect, because I really could not stop Army at all on defense.. Their impact RB kicked my ass, he avg. like 9.3 ypc and had 177 yards..

I really love the way they did the impact players, my impact Safety is easily the heart of my defense, he is all over the field and he makes plays.. When I need a big stop, he is always near the action.. I love it. I love how the computers impact players are actually good too so I dont stomp them every game, going against a team with 2 impact linebackers is really tough..

Your math is off, 7+16=23. As for NU's playbook, it is definitely frustrating at times. It's hard to run consistently because of all or the multi-receiver sets. I can get some big runs, but only on a few plays. Ace twins halfback slam and shotgun off tackle usually work well, but not against some better teams, and the occasional option works. I'm thinking of switching to USC's playbook, I know their real team runs some I-form as well as the multi-WR sets.

I'm going to kick it up to heisman difficulty and restart my dynasty, adjusting sliders as necessary. I'm blowing people out, even in the second year of the dynasty with a 78 QB and an 80 RB. I beat Illinois like 42-7, and they were definitely better than me. I'm gonna miss my team though, I had a freshman outside linebacker who was already an 88 impact player after 3 games :crying.

haha, I dont think so... 7+16=23 + the 6 inseason recruits you pulled would make 29

Questions...

1. Still can't figure out how to bring down the passing icons and run with the QB. Anyone?

2. What does the word "pipeline" mean next to the player's city and state in the In-Season recruiting?

3. Typically, how many in-season recruits commit to you out of the 12 targeted?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Questions...

1.  Still can't figure out how to bring down the passing icons and run with the QB.  Anyone?

2.  What does the word "pipeline" mean next to the player's city and state in the In-Season recruiting?

3.  Typically, how many in-season recruits commit to you out of the 12 targeted?

1. You don't have to bring down the icons just year, just press x (to sprint) and run like you would with a HB.

2. If a recruit is in your pipeline, you have a better shot of getting him, like illinois has bordering states as their pipeline. While nebraska has just about everywhere as their pipeline. Not sure how it works, but i know you have a better shot at them.

3. 3-5

man, i'm having so much fun with this game and the sliders i posted.

i'm 4-3 w/ the illini.

Losing to mich. st, INDIANA :o, and losing a heartbreaker to penn st.

Suprise W: Iowa. Tate couldn't complete a pass to save his life.

PT is averaging around 5 YAC, leading the big 10 in rush TD's.

My passing game is in shambles.

Just went 9-3 with arizona state won Insight bowl :headbang

I had a heisman finsish of 2nd place.....but it wasnt my RFTH guy it was a reciever who had over 2000 recieving yards,and 22 TDs.

my dorm is kicking now i got a flat screen monitor in my dorm.

this game rules!!!!!! and USC sucked last because leinhart was out for the year after the first game,they still beat me though :chair