NCAA 2006

Finished my first season in my Michigan dynasty.....

Hart won the Heisman. Finished 11-1 with a double OT loss to Iowa, 50-43. The Hawkeyes were ranked #1 at the time. I was down 26-0 at one point and getting hammered, but I clawed back with my backup QB. Just couldn't stop Iowa's offense when it mattered.

Got two early commitments, both 4-star players. Missed out on the others. Not sure I like the in-season recruiting yet.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
which difficulty?

I'm playing All-American. Last year I never went to Heisman strictly because I never could master the freaking kick meter. I got tired of punts and kickoffs going straight out of bounds. lol

I'm doing okay, but I have lost to the computer twice (won 4 or 5), including the 2OT Iowa game. My defense can be a little shaky at times, although when I beat Miami for the National Championship I held them to a FG after they dropped a TD on me 30 seconds into the game, winning 27-10.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
palehosefan (or anyone else), where might I find a list of incoming freshman for Michigan football this year?  Is there a recruiting list that can be found on the web?

Thanks!

Hey Rex, here's the list of 2005 recruits for Michigan (would be incoming freshman)...don't know if that's what you're looking for but I figured it couldn't hurt. :P

Michigan Recruits

That should link you to the rivals list, just use the drop down menu and pick 2005.

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Hey Rex, here's the list of 2005 recruits for Michigan (would be incoming freshman)...don't know if that's what you're looking for but I figured it couldn't hurt. :P

Michigan Recruits

That should link you to the rivals list, just use the drop down menu and pick 2005.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. I had always thought the Rivals stuff was only available for $$ so I had never seen it.

Thanks!

By the way, how are the Irish going to be this year?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I had always thought the Rivals stuff was only available for $$ so I had never seen it.

Thanks!

By the way, how are the Irish going to be this year?

Well if I could control them with an XBOX controller...they'd be awesome. Sadly, that isn't the case.

Still, I'm thinking something along the lines of 6-7 wins. Probably another Gator Bowl type bid, with maybe one or two regular season upsets. We're in transition this year on defense, but the offense is pretty loaded (Quinn, Walker, McKnight, our whole offensive line is back, and we're real deep at TE). Either way it's going to be a fun season, even if it's my last as a student. Can't wait.

I think I pissed off the computer. I kicked it up to Heisman and was doing okay (2-1 with a loss at ASU), but then I got to Penn State. I moved the ball very well, but every thing else went to s***. I was up 21-10 at the half, despite a lost fumble and a late INT. I then pushed it to 28-10 early in the half. On the next drive I moved it about 20 yards before lofting a corner route too much and getting it intercepted. It was returned to about the 25, leading to a rushing TD. On my next drive, my RB got hit in the backfield for a 3 yard loss, and I followed it with another pick on a drag route, only this time it was taken back for a TD. The next drive, the same thing happened, putting me down 31-28. I drove the ball out to about the opponents' 40 before my RB coughed the ball up. I ended up stopping them on 4th down this time. Things got back to normal a bit, and I was up 41-31 with about two minutes left. They went into a no huddle offense and Robinson went nuts, running for about 60 yards on the drive and pitching it on an option play for a TD. I was trying to run out the clock, but then my RB coughed it up AGAIN when I got to about the 50. They scored on that drive, and I drove down inside the ten before getting stuffed on 4th and short. I almost had to buy a new controller after this game. I know Penn State's D is pretty good, but 7 turnovers? Give me a f***ing break. I started the game the same way against Purdue, up 21-3. Then the s*** happened again. I quit after their second INT runback and kicked it back down to All-American. I'm still working on sliders, will probably try the ones in this thread eventually.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
I think I pissed off the computer. I kicked it up to Heisman and was doing okay (2-1 with a loss at ASU), but then I got to Penn State. I moved the ball very well, but every thing else went to s***. I was up 21-10 at the half, despite a lost fumble and a late INT. I then pushed it to 28-10 early in the half. On the next drive I moved it about 20 yards before lofting a corner route too much and getting it intercepted. It was returned to about the 25, leading to a rushing TD. On my next drive, my RB got hit in the backfield for a 3 yard loss, and I followed it with another pick on a drag route, only this time it was taken back for a TD. The next drive, the same thing happened, putting me down 31-28. I drove the ball out to about the opponents' 40 before my RB coughed the ball up. I ended up stopping them on 4th down this time. Things got back to normal a bit, and I was up 41-31 with about two minutes left. They went into a no huddle offense and Robinson went nuts, running for about 60 yards on the drive and pitching it on an option play for a TD. I was trying to run out the clock, but then my RB coughed it up AGAIN when I got to about the 50. They scored on that drive, and I drove down inside the ten before getting stuffed on 4th and short. I almost had to buy a new controller after this game. I know Penn State's D is pretty good, but 7 turnovers? Give me a f***ing break. I started the game the same way against Purdue, up 21-3. Then the s*** happened again. I quit after their second INT runback and kicked it back down to All-American. I'm still working on sliders, will probably try the ones in this thread eventually.

that's the way this game works, their offense will score a max of 2 td's each game, every other td they score is the result of an interception(which they always seem to run back), a fumble, or a kick return

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Well if I could control them with an XBOX controller...they'd be awesome. Sadly, that isn't the case.

Still, I'm thinking something along the lines of 6-7 wins. Probably another Gator Bowl type bid, with maybe one or two regular season upsets. We're in transition this year on defense, but the offense is pretty loaded (Quinn, Walker, McKnight, our whole offensive line is back, and we're real deep at TE). Either way it's going to be a fun season, even if it's my last as a student. Can't wait.

I agree with your assessment of ND's chances, although I should let it be known that I despise ND. It's going to be very tough for them to beat USC, Michigan, or Tennesee, which puts them at a major disadvantage. Games at Purdue and at Pittsburgh will also be tough, and MSU at home won't be a gimme. If they lose all of these and win the rest (highly possible, there are some cupcakes in there), they'd finish 5-6, so I'd say 5-7 wins. A lot will depend on the play of Quinn and Walker, because the line is pretty good and they have some talented receivers. The D could be in trouble though.

I hate the discipline aspect of the dynasty mode. I go through the first season without a single incident and in my second season, I have already had three players suspended for academic reasons. I hate that the game dictates stupid penalties for nothing violations and doesn't give you the opportunity to adjust them without putting yourself in hot water with the NCAA.

FWIW, I never sign a recruit with Poor discipline to help with this and I still end up on probation for no freakin reason.

I hate the discipline aspect of the dynasty mode.  I go through the first season without a single incident and in my second season, I have already had three players suspended for academic reasons.  I hate that the game dictates stupid penalties for nothing violations and doesn't give you the opportunity to adjust them without putting yourself in hot water with the NCAA. 

FWIW, I never sign a recruit with Poor discipline to help with this and I still end up on probation for no freakin reason.

Thats weird, ive never once gotten put on probation in 2006.. I have a few players act up, but no probation..

Well, after growing completely frustrated with the slider world, i decided i'm just going to adjust a few things from AA to make the game fun again.

Right now all i did was move Human run blocking to 40%. Since that's the only problem i remember w/ default AA.

We'll see though.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Well, after growing completely frustrated with the slider world, i decided i'm just going to adjust a few things from AA to make the game fun again. 

Right now all i did was move Human run blocking to 40%.  Since that's the only problem i remember w/ default AA.

We'll see though.

I'd recommend a few changes. First, as you said, drop the human blocking. I'd also drop the human running ability to a 45 (major difference if you drop it to 40). I'd also drop the human receiving and QB accuracy ratings, and maybe increase the CPU knockdown a bit because the deep balls are ridiculous. On the other side, the QB accuracy really needs to get bumped up, Chad Henne was a 99 senior and only had like 60 yards against me. I'd also increase the CPU pass blocking, run blocking, and RB ability, and probably drop the human pass rush. I'm still tinkering with how much to adjust everything. A five percent change doesn't seem to do much (except for CPU running stuff, that seems to help), while the ten percent increase drastically changes things.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
I'd recommend a few changes. First, as you said, drop the human blocking. I'd also drop the human running ability to a 45 (major difference if you drop it to 40). I'd also drop the human receiving and QB accuracy ratings, and maybe increase the CPU knockdown a bit because the deep balls are ridiculous. On the other side, the QB accuracy really needs to get bumped up, Chad Henne was a 99 senior and only had like 60 yards against me. I'd also increase the CPU pass blocking, run blocking, and RB ability, and probably drop the human pass rush. I'm still tinkering with how much to adjust everything. A five percent change doesn't seem to do much (except for CPU running stuff, that seems to help), while the ten percent increase drastically changes things.

:lol:

seems like a regular set of sliders to me.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
I hate the discipline aspect of the dynasty mode.  I go through the first season without a single incident and in my second season, I have already had three players suspended for academic reasons.  I hate that the game dictates stupid penalties for nothing violations and doesn't give you the opportunity to adjust them without putting yourself in hot water with the NCAA. 

The discipline thing really bothers me. One year I have multi-game suspensions left and right, the next year virtually nothing happens. Also the player discipline doesn't seem to affect it much, I've had a few A and B players get in trouble, and it's always a starter, never one of your scrubs. It seems like you can adjust the penalties quite a bit though, as I've done, without getting in trouble with the NCAA. I had an interest level of almost nothing before my starting WR had a major violation with only one game left, meaning I couldn't punish him enough to satisfy the NCAA. If your interest is too high, try throwing the book at someone that doesn't matter too much. I went a bit nuts on my 84 receiver (bumped it from 2 games to four) because I had an 82 I could plug in, and I did the same thing at DE (3 games to 5) going from an 85 to an 83.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
:lol:

seems like a regular set of sliders to me.

I guess I didn't get your statement then. I thought you were saying the set you posted earlier was pissing you off and you were going to play with the ratings. I don't think you need to change it as drastically as ones you posted because good teams give you a game sometimes, you just need to make it more consistent.

I've been playing with the sliders SnB has posted, and they haven't been all THAT bad. I mean actually losing two games is nice. :lol:

In other news, I've won the Heisman in my 2nd year of RFTH. My wonderful Ted Ginn Jr./Desmond Howard/Charles Woodson clone was THE playmaker for the Irish. 99 yrd kickoff returns? You got it. 80yrd INT returns for six? No problem. 5th Receiver fly routes to burn them with a little speed every once and awhile? Yep. I have to say it was pretty fun, and I defintely reccomend using a corner for RFTH it's a good time.

Since my rosters haven't arrived yet (don't know what's taking so long), I'm not going to start my dynasty. Maybe another RFTH w/a linebacker or a d-lineman? Possibly. :P

I really do like this year's version though, I'm almost at the point where I'm going to say it's better than 2004.

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I guess I didn't get your statement then. I thought you were saying the set you posted earlier was pissing you off and you were going to play with the ratings. I don't think you need to change it as drastically as ones you posted because good teams give you a game sometimes, you just need to make it more consistent.

i'm just at a crossraods.

I played default all american for a bit, was having fun, but the rushing was just way too easy, so i went on search for sliders.

All the sliders i've tried have overcomplicated everything and i'm just not having any fun with them.

:lol: i'm just confused at what i wanna do.

let me know if you get satisied with a set of sliders