Hurricane Emily

kapkomet

Who will get hit my Emily?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get hit my Emily?

• Kapkomet (Dallas)
    • Texsox (Rio Grande Valley, South Padre Island)
    • Roger Clemens (Houston)
    • Ice Rays (Corpus Cristi Hockey Team)
    • None of the Above

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, currently the skies as bright blue with just a few high flying cirrus clouds. Hard to imagine that in about 14-18 hours we could be in for a major storm.

Exactly like it was here a week ago Saturday before Dennis came through. It will be pretty nice right after the hurricane passes as well.

The worst part about a hurricane is the wait. Knowing that it is coming at you, but not knowing exactly what it will do. Last year with Ivan, I was without power for about 7 hours. A friend of mine never lost power. Another friend 10 miles out of town lost it for two freakin weeks!

People buy up all the batteries, flashlights, candles, non-perishable food, ice, etc. Wal Mart looks like a bomb went off with empty shelves and a mess all over. The day before Dennis came there were no D cell batteries to be found in the whole city.

When a hurricane passes it is really depressing. Rain and wind just pounds on you all day long with no respite. Dennis, which turned out to be much weaker than Ivan last year, provided a steady hard rain for about 14 hours straight. It just kept coming and coming and coming.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 06:51 AM)
It didn't even wake me up last night. Now it appears we will have a ten day rain.

Just a little rain, about an inch last night in quiet ol' Luling too. It's just cloudy and a little dark outside here at work in SA, but not much else. How are you doing today Texsox?

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Just a little rain, about an inch last night in quiet ol' Luling too.  It's just cloudy and a little dark outside here at work in SA, but not much else.  How are you doing today Texsox?

Tornado warning, bunch of rain, very windy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
very localized power outages, nothing more than what would happen during a thunderstorm. No touchdowns. Basically we are escaping basically unscathed. So far. Knock on wood.

Good for you guys. You got the rain, without the pain. Stay safe :cheers

Some localized flooding. Nothing too major. That will probably begin shanging overthe next 24-48 hours as irrigations ditches and storm systems fill. The cotton guys are singing the blues. The crops are ready and if they didn't get them in, they will be unable to harvest for days or weeks, by then it could be too late.

Citrus and our salad crops are happy.