AJ Burnett News

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
He is pretty damn fat.

I have heard his show a few times and it's pretty solid in my opinion. What do you think of him?

I listen to his show most nights while I go to sleep. Pretty solid. Haven't listened lately though, been listening to George Noory.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
I'm thinking I'm going to get home from work tomorrow and am going to be reading about quite a bit of stuff (or potential trades).

If nothing else, you'll come home and hear about some roster moves. Someone (Jenks?) has to move to make room for El Duque, and Gload's rehab assignment also ends tomorrow.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:31 AM)
Well, you don't want 4 SPs making at or around 10 MIL each in two years from now, unless you have a 90 MIL+ payroll to work with.  Even then, they'd be taking up 40% to 45% of the payroll.  That's too much.  If you're going to have an area of excellence, it (obviously) should be pitching, but I don't want to end up like the Houston Astros.  We need balance, and it ain't gonna happen if we have that much cash tied up in SPs.

I agree 100%. I can't see the Sox investing anywhere from $30-$40 million in a guy that's such a huge injury risk. 200 IP once in his career -- once.

Best ERA in one year? 3.30. Career ERA? 3.83. Career ERA+ of 109. I'm sorry, for a guy who's pitched in a pitcher's park for his MLB years, that's not a guy who I want making $10 million.

To say the least, I'm not very thrilled with this trade. I don't see that making us better this year. Throw in the fact that Lowell (who's had really good career numbers) has, for whatever reason, fallen off a cliff this season with what, $25 million left on his contract? Uh -- I'm not seeing the epic improvement that means losing two top prospects over. If it was a huge improvement, that's one thing, but like I said -- I don't think the improvement is really all that great.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
Ben Maller who ever that is was on XM radio reported that AJ Burnett will be traded to the Whitesox.

He also said that the Sox wants a 72hr window so they can reached a deal with Burnett before the trade goes through

Um ... over on his website (www.benmaller.com) he says that A.J. Burnett will be traded to the RED sox within a week. So ... I don't know if you just heard Sox and assumed it was the white variety, but just thought I'd point it out.

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Um ... over on his website (www.benmaller.com) he says that A.J. Burnett will be traded to the RED sox within a week. So ... I don't know if you just heard Sox and assumed it was the white variety, but just thought I'd point it out.

He got that rumor from the sunday newspaper

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)

Please God let him go to Theo...Burnett is not worth Marte, or Contreras, or any of the other names tossed around to get a poor man's Kerry Wood for a 1 year rental.

His website gets updated in the mornings usually.

On a sidenote maybe its not his radio show I listend to. I swear he did the late night show most nights but it must be someone else that does it now or something.

I know he does the weekend night show for any Fox Sports affilate though.

this is off the Redsox message board site

To: mannyvaritek2433 unread (51 of 51)

133899.51 in reply to 133899.49

I hate this time of the year, so many conflicting reports...xm radios Ben maller reported the white sox have a done deal that will send mota lowell and Burnett to the sox, also the the sox want a 72 hour window to negotiate a contract with AJ, and this other source is reporting the red sox have a done deal. Well this much is sure, AJ will be on the sox, but which color will he be sporting, red or white?

The thing that also really confuses me is gammons says the red sox were far from a deal this morning, and the white sox were close.

Now its time to wait and see which source is correct.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
this is off the Redsox message board site

To:  mannyvaritek2433 unread  (51 of 51) 

133899.51 in reply to 133899.49 

I hate this time of the year, so many conflicting reports...xm radios Ben maller reported the white sox have a done deal that will send mota lowell and Burnett to the sox, also the the sox want a 72 hour window to negotiate a contract with AJ, and this other source is reporting the red sox have a done deal. Well this much is sure, AJ will be on the sox, but which color will he be sporting, red or white?

The thing that also really confuses me is gammons says the red sox were far from a deal this morning, and the white sox were close.

Now its time to wait and see which source is correct.

how credible is this poster any idea???

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Another poster on the Redsox message board had the same post

To:  drice unread  (4 of 8) 

133914.4 in reply to 133914.3 

Ben Maller was on XM Radio reported that Burnett,Lowell and Mota will be traded to the Whitesox

wow...if that deal goes down u no we blew this deal....my call if a deal like that goes down BMac, jose, marte, crede and possibly carl...talk about a f***in blockbuster dont no how the salaries turn out in that 1 but jesus i bet we give up a f***load

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
Another poster on the Redsox message board had the same post

To:  drice unread  (4 of 8) 

133914.4 in reply to 133914.3 

Ben Maller was on XM Radio reported that Burnett,Lowell and Mota will be traded to the Whitesox

My God we're desperate... :banghead

All of that is great. BUT 20 hours ago, Burnett & Lowell were Red Sox according to the same third hand source.

Also, I don't quote anything from opposing teams' MLB.com message boards when it's posted by anyone who can be percieved as a troll. In this case, ANY white sox fan posting on the Red Sox board, is a duck.

Marlins righthander A.J. Burnett will be traded to the Red Sox within a week, an MLB official said yesterday. Boston plans to sign Burnett to an extension. Red Sox special assistant Bill Lajoie watched Burnett's outing Thursday in Philadelphia, when he allowed six runs in five innings, including second-inning homers to Pat Burrell, Ryan Howard and Mike Lieberthal. Burnett is 5-6 with a 3.64 ERA in 18 starts this season. "There is no truth at all to any deal we are making with the Marlins," Sox GM Theo Eptein said via an E-mail.

guys a nutjob if u ask me...off his site benmaller.com