AJ Burnett News

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Do you have a webcam?  Can you film that?

lol, whatever he does out of excitement should be confidential between him and himself only. We don't need to see that. :bang

But if we get Wagner- HELL FREANING YEAH!!!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
If we get wagner i will be f***ing shocked and then when the shock goes away i will go and buy world series tickets.

I wish i had that money when i was 15. I wish i had that money now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
My computer just got stickier.........

Because I spit Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper all over the screen. Wow thats laugh out loud funny dude.  Thanks

I'm glad you clarified just how your computer got stickier. As I started reading your post, I got concerned.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Also said the White Sox are interested in Jeff Weaver who might be moved and same with Derek Lowe. I want no Jeff Weaver. He would suck at the Cell.

With the contract that the Dodgers signed Derek Lowe for...there is not a chance in Hell he'll be moved. No one would want him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Also said the White Sox are interested in Jeff Weaver who might be moved and same with Derek Lowe. I want no Jeff Weaver. He would suck at the Cell.

Jeff Weaver is a boras client just like Derek Lowe. There is about the same chance as Ronny Woo taking over for SouthPaw as our mascot as this happening.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Jeff Weaver is a boras client just like Derek Lowe.  There is about the same chance as Ronny Woo taking over for SouthPaw as our mascot as this happening.

Does agent matter at this point? Lowe already has a fat contract. As with all trades, it depends what we'd have to give up for Lowe and how much the Dodgers would pay for him. I'm lukewarm on such a deal at best. 4.27 ERA with a 5-10 record in a pitcher's park? Ewww.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
With the contract that the Dodgers signed Derek Lowe for...there is not a chance in Hell he'll be moved.  No one would want him.

Of course there's one person who thought he would have been a real good signing because of his "GB/FB ratio".....

I still think if we're going to trade for a starter it'll be Schmidt, because we have some pieces (that could come from other upcoming trades), that will help San Fran. in the future, although Brian Sabean probably won't want to hear that.

A..J. Burnett and Mike Lowell put on their Marlins uniforms Monday unsure if they were doing so for the last time. Once thought to be bounce for Baltimore as a package deal, it appears the two will head to distinct destinations. According to published reports, the Pirates entered the fray and apparently are set to take Mike Lowell and cash from the Marlins along with either Orioles outfielder Larry Bigbie or pitching prospect Hayden Penn. The Orioles would end up with Burnett and Pirates first baseman Daryle Ward. Reliever Jorge Julio would come to Florida along with either Bigbie or Penn. The deal also would reunite the Marlins with a familiar face. Left-hander Mark Redman would fill Burnett's spot in the rotation. "The Marlins know him and he knows the Marlins," one National League source said.

-benmaller.com

The Palm Beach Post's Tom D'Angelo reports the Boston Red Sox were in discussions with the Florida Marlins about acquiring SP A.J. Burnett, but their deal, which included SP Bronson Arroyo, was declined. The deal reportedly included the San Diego Padres as well.

just a side of info

Boy, Burnett's start is going to set off a cluster f no matter how he does. If he comes out and blows everyone away with a dominant start Marlins brass is going to be dancing on South Beach tonight because they will be able to dump Mike Lowell in the deal. If he comes out and has anything ranging from a regular to poor start they may hold on to him for another start or two. It seems they want to dump Lowell, and if he doesn't pitch well, the less attractive taking Lowell on becomes.

jordan (ri): will the red sox get burnett ?

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) At this point, my handicapping of the AJ sweepstakes is as follows:

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) Baltimore most likely, but certainly not a lock

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) White Sox next

Gary Gillette: (2:24 PM ET ) Red Sox third

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
jordan (ri): will the red sox get burnett ?

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) At this point, my handicapping of the AJ sweepstakes is as follows:

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) Baltimore most likely, but certainly not a lock

Gary Gillette: (2:23 PM ET ) White Sox next

Gary Gillette: (2:24 PM ET ) Red Sox third

Who the hell is that?