Eminem Retires

3E8

While not great, at least Eminem kept some part of the heart of hip hop by addressing some issues that traditional hip hop (i.e. Public Enemy etc.) used to discuss. And while it is kind of calling Em "the world's tallest midget" at least he is better than 50 Cent, Fat Joe and the rest of those hacks.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
While not great, at least Eminem kept some part of the heart of hip hop by addressing some issues that traditional hip hop (i.e. Public Enemy etc.) used to discuss.  And while it is kind of calling Em "the world's tallest midget" at least he is better than 50 Cent, Fat Joe and the rest of those hacks.

^

While not great, at least Eminem kept some part of the heart of hip hop by addressing some issues that traditional hip hop (i.e. Public Enemy etc.) used to discuss.  And while it is kind of calling Em "the world's tallest midget" at least he is better than 50 Cent, Fat Joe and the rest of those hacks.

50 Cent isnt a hack

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
50 Cent isnt a hack

P.I.M.P

a rapper singing about being a pimp?

real original there.

Eminem's serious songs were actually very good, i don't care if you like rap or not (Stan, Mockingbird, etc.)

When he tried to be funny, he was just plain annoying. (Just lose it)

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
P.I.M.P

a rapper singing about being a pimp?

real original there.

Eminem's serious songs were actually very good, i don't care if you like rap or not (Stan, Mockingbird, etc.)

When he tried to be funny, he was just plain annoying. (Just lose it)

Can't forget The Way I Am or Hailie's Song either. Awesome song. Eminem is f***ing PIMP.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
50 Cent isnt a hack

Comparatively to 2Pac's "Changes", anything by Public Enemy especially the ablum "Fear of a Black Planet", Run DMC etc. etc., 50 Cent is a no-talent hack. Listen to any song by 50 that wasn't produced by Dre/Eminem...the ones without Dre/Em are f***ing crap. Might I also mention that his hack rating also gets increased after booting the Game out of his "G-Unit" because the Game wouldn't participate in some sophomoric idiotic beef in an attempt to sell more records (when you don't have legit talent on your own to sell an album, always go for controversy!)

A mediocre rapper who’s been shot and used to sell rocks will make millions. A great rapper with amazing skills who avoided drugs and violence and has a good education won’t sell any albums.

It’s all about image, skills mean nothing these days.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Pfft, the new king of rap is MIKE JONES! I can't wait to laugh my ass off at his free concert on the 30th.

Mike Jones is having a free concert lol??? I do like him though. Turning Lane, Still Tippin, Got It Sewed Up, and Back Then are all pimpass songs!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Mike Jones? You haven't heard of Mike Jones? Mike Jones is the next big thing to hit rap. That's right. Mike Jones. You'll be hearing a lot about Mike Jones.

Mike Jones, b****.

Mike Jones.

:fight

Em's been on a downfall for some time. Since The Eminem Show that is. It's about time he retired. 50 is one guy I wouldn't mind the hip-hop world being rid of. He thought he was everything because of GRODT. Well he didn't take note that it was Dr. Dre and Eminem selling that album(their beats were crazy). You saw what happens when Eminem and Dr. Dre don't oversee an album - The Massacre. Now he's re-releasing that because he knows he failed(he said if he doesn't sell more than GRODT, then it's a failure and right now, he's only at the halfway mark of GRDOT).